Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3133 (Onesies)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:10/13/11 9:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes

thaiyal said... (12/20/11 2:27 PM) Reply
Priceless!!
Alexruthe said... (12/7/11 6:47 PM) Reply
so cute!
Vintage Joan said... (11/21/11 9:02 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, cuteness attack!! What a sweetie. Nice onesie, too. :)
aireal said... (10/21/11 1:08 AM) Reply
Deepika, the ladies have said it all, but a big DITTO! here. Cute, cute, all.
newmama said... (10/16/11 1:21 PM) Reply
I will definitely get this pattern if we have more children, it's wonderful. Your daughter is absolutely adorable and I can't believe how much hair she has! I'm glad you are having fun sewing for her :)
Deepika said... (10/15/11 9:58 AM) Reply
Batik Absolutely, but watch out for the type of fabric. You do need a fabric with lots of stretch for this fit. I wouldn't use anything which doesn't have lycra.
Kathy in NM said... (10/14/11 8:52 PM) Reply
Oh so cute! What a great standard pattern. Looking forward to more pics of the various mods.....
MNBarb said... (10/14/11 7:11 PM) Reply
Your photo makes me smile. What a lovely little girl with her big grin. A good onesie pattern offers so many possibilities.
Batik said... (10/14/11 1:03 PM) Reply
So cute - do you think there would be enough fabric in a recyced woman's t-shirt to make these?
Mufffet said... (10/14/11 10:19 AM) Reply
OH MY GOODNESS...how Cutie-wootie she is. :)) Cute onsie too. ;)
mleclair said... (10/14/11 9:06 AM) Reply
Cutest baby ever!
Deepika said... (10/14/11 8:51 AM) Reply
Kay Y LBO I like that! Ray Ann I've found Carters runs small. So even though she is 9 months old, I am buying 12 month for her in Carters. The Jalie onesie is spot on! Kyle Yes,we do have a photo shoot spot for her don't we :) It's the one place where she can stand and pose and the light comes from her right side. Perfect! Emilie I was wondering about doing the band like 2794 instead of the binding. I'll try that next time. Thanks. SheBear0320 you will love making this onesie. Thanks everyone for such nice comments! I do love sewing for her.
Clareew said... (10/14/11 8:13 AM) Reply
What a cutie, brilliant. You have such a beautiful daughter.
Kay Y said... (10/14/11 8:06 AM) Reply
So sweet in her LBO (little black onesie)!
1SewSweet said... (10/14/11 6:13 AM) Reply
Ohhhh how adorable you daughter is... Just a sweet little baby doll!!! She looks so cute in this onesie!
petro said... (10/14/11 5:24 AM) Reply
Adorable, pattern and model!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/14/11 2:19 AM) Reply
OMG she is soooo adorable. And her hair bow matches her onsie, which is adorable too. You must be having the time of you life. You are so blessed.
VirginiasDghter said... (10/14/11 0:35 AM) Reply
OMGoodness....what a cutie!
Raye Ann said... (10/13/11 6:26 PM) Reply
Super cute! I really would've wanted this pattern but I fear that my DD is going to be out of the size range soon. Do u have any comment about how the pattern size correlates to RTW, say Carters? And Dia is SOOO beautiful and happy! She looks very proud of her new onesie.
Sew4Fun said... (10/13/11 5:57 PM) Reply
Very cute, both Dia and the onesie.
BlossomKyle said... (10/13/11 5:35 PM) Reply
Awww...she is so cute! I like that she already has a pose and location for her new outfits!
lcdrbetty said... (10/13/11 5:32 PM) Reply
I was so enchanted by that smile, I didn't even look at the onsie...
ConnieBJ said... (10/13/11 5:27 PM) Reply
Dia looks so sweet in the onsie. No fair you got your pattern before me- mine is in transit. Emilie- thanks for the alternative banding info!
Christas said... (10/13/11 4:37 PM) Reply
She is such a doll! The onesie is very nice and looks like a great fit!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/13/11 1:55 PM) Reply
<3 !!
emilieatjalie said... (10/13/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Dia, Dia, Dia... she's sooo pretty :) FYI Jeanne just made a bunch of long-sleeved onesies for Eleonore and to save some time she cut the neck bands a bit wider and used the technique we use in 2805/2918 (band instead of binding). She did the same with the cuffs and made them about 2 inches wide (sewed them like a rib cuff bands). It gives her extra coverage and make the sleeves a bit longer (which is great because she's getting taller/longer, not wider... so she's still wearing size 6M-12M at 12 months old!!!). The regular long-sleeve style give a second life to all her girly summer tees and tanks and hides the pants waist (not a fan of the "tucked in" look here) :)
sewbehind said... (10/13/11 11:27 AM) Reply
That was quick and you did a beautiful job! Dia is an absolute doll.
lynne1nor said... (10/13/11 10:42 AM) Reply
Your daughter is so cute! And how cool is it to be able to make your own onesies? Nice job Deepika!
Patti B said... (10/13/11 10:21 AM) Reply
Cute cute cute -- both girl and onesie!
KathySews said... (10/13/11 10:19 AM) Reply
what a face!! The onsie is also fantastic...where was this pattern when my son was young? I love this one and that you can make them out of much better fabric that the rtw ones.
Ericaeli said... (10/13/11 10:03 AM) Reply
She is so adorable! The onesie looks like it is a great fit too.
cindyann said... (10/13/11 9:52 AM) Reply
My goodness, she's beautiful! So sweet. Cute onsie too.
Sue Anfang said... (10/13/11 9:51 AM) Reply
That is so cute! Beautiful job and beautiful girl!
21wale said... (10/13/11 9:51 AM) Reply
Adorable! I didn't realize Jalie had made a onesie pattern.
SheBear0320 said... (10/13/11 9:47 AM) Reply
Love it -- this pattern is on its way to me (should be in my mailbox today) and I will be making up both them up for DGS and DGD. Thanks for the quick review.
JEF said... (10/13/11 9:37 AM) Reply
Adorable! Oh, the pattern looks good too :)
crazygrad said... (10/13/11 9:33 AM) Reply
She is so cute!
GoSewGirl said... (10/13/11 9:26 AM) Reply
My son is 9 now, so I don't see any onesie making in my near future. But I just had to say that your daughter is adorable! Nice onesie, sure, ;-) but she's such a cutie!

by: Clareew