Online Sewing Class: The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1274 (Misses Top)

Viewed 1941 times

Last Updated:8/17/13 6:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Sweater knit fabrics

withtheone said... (6/6/14 9:07 AM) Reply
Love your outfits...you are one jazzy lady!
Vickersville said... (6/5/14 5:44 PM) Reply
I'm in the process of making this top and wanted to see what others have done with it. Gorgeous! you model it perfectly.
marec said... (11/14/13 1:50 PM) Reply
I just stopped in to admire your versions of this pattern. Love all of them and hope I can make one as nice.
NVK said... (9/4/13 6:20 AM) Reply
Wow, I missed this review update, PR did not notify me of your review. I love this top. The fabric and asymmetrical top are a perfect match. You look great.
usbeckers said... (9/3/13 6:48 PM) Reply
Wow, that looks great!
redside said... (8/18/13 9:53 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you!
Barbara V said... (8/17/13 7:31 PM) Reply
Very smart looking top, Dorothy and I bet fun to sew for the "white" challenge. I like how the sides button to the back and all the design details. It looks great on you and honestly, I see no mustard stains!
GrannyT said... (11/29/12 3:45 PM) Reply
I like the longer version better - would never have thought of this in a print, but it looks amazing in your spectacular print fabric. I will definitely make it, thanks to your review and the other one I found here on PR.
mm said... (9/30/12 7:59 PM) Reply
Wonderful fabric for a wonderful top.
marec said... (9/30/12 7:52 PM) Reply
I really like this longer version-it is very elegant on you.
carolynw said... (9/30/12 6:52 PM) Reply
Very beautiful - it looks quite different with the two fabrics - I love the colors in the second top.
Jstarr4250 said... (9/30/12 6:23 PM) Reply
The bold colors are beautiful. What great style you have!
FreyaStark said... (9/30/12 5:31 PM) Reply
A great shirt, and an intriguing pattern. Thanks for a useful review.
marthamyers said... (9/30/12 4:58 PM) Reply
Your decision to reduce the volume by down-sizing was a good one. It is a great shirt done this way. Perhaps a tad less dramatic but far more wearable that the original, IMO. Thanks for sharing this one, too!
PattyE said... (9/30/12 3:49 PM) Reply
Happy to see your review...I've had this pattern for awhile and looking at your creations can see that it makes a great garment. Nicely done!
Gendun said... (6/6/12 2:53 PM) Reply
What a lovely colour. (yumm), and it suits you well. Thanks for the great review.
Annette1 said... (11/30/11 1:01 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top! Your choice of fabric (and the styling) make it one of a kind!
bell N said... (11/14/11 7:57 AM) Reply
I saw this pattern and came skipping over here to see if anyone had sewn it yet. Thank you for a useful review with lots of pictures. I was thinking of it as a jacket, not a blouse, and I wonder if it would work that way.
Ann Smith said... (10/22/11 12:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful. As always I love that color on you. I'm eager to make this myself now.
NJcowgirl said... (10/22/11 10:57 AM) Reply
You look very fashion-forward. The color is great on you and you did a beautiful job.
imsewcrazy said... (10/22/11 8:46 AM) Reply
I've never noticed this pattern either! It looks wonderful on you. I love the red!!
pdiddly said... (10/22/11 3:59 AM) Reply
Wow looks absolutely fabulous Wow looks absolutely fabulous I would love it in my wardrobe
SewWil said... (10/22/11 0:03 AM) Reply
Fantastic top! Looks great on you.
QueenBeeOne said... (10/21/11 10:29 PM) Reply
You did a great job and the color is great!!! I love this pattern and will have to make one.....
DorothyK said... (10/21/11 1:56 PM) Reply
Hi everyone. Thanks for your nice comments. I guess I left out how I changed the sleeves because it was too complicated to explain, even though it was easy to do. All I did was fold up the front tail of the sleeve to the back and tacked it there. There was supposed to be a button and buttonhole, but I didn't have any more buttons. Sorry I was vague about that.
Barbara V said... (10/21/11 12:36 PM) Reply
Dorothy, your top is beautiful in so many ways - the fabric, color, style, plus your creative alteration on the sleeves...really fabulous!
Bonnie123 said... (10/21/11 10:04 AM) Reply
Cute color and fabric!
NVK said... (10/21/11 10:03 AM) Reply
This is a great top and color on you. I love the diagonal closure with the snazzy buttons. I am not sure how you changed the sleeves but I love the finished look.
lamstu said... (10/21/11 8:28 AM) Reply
What a striking and fun top! I'm interested to see the drapier version too.
magoe6217 said... (10/21/11 6:50 AM) Reply
This looks absolutely wonderful on you. Great color, great style worn with your usual pizzazz. I too would love to know how you changed the sleeves. Your changes make them so much more interesting than the pattern sleeves.
sfshaza said... (10/21/11 5:51 AM) Reply
Soooo cute, Dorothy! You got this one made up quickly! This is a great style on you - very chic! And I especially love the cuffs - I'd be curious to hear how you changed them.
madebyj said... (10/21/11 5:43 AM) Reply
This top looks like a lot of fun to make and wear!!! Really suits you...great job :)
rivergum said... (10/21/11 2:29 AM) Reply
Faaabulous! I wish red suited me as well as it suits you. Great choice of fabric.
mm said... (10/21/11 1:51 AM) Reply
I haven't noticed thios pattern. It looks like a must have. It looks great.
Athene said... (10/21/11 1:38 AM) Reply
A beautiful top and such a lovely color for you.
Elemenopeo said... (10/21/11 1:35 AM) Reply