Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 03-2011-21 (Art Camp shirt)

Reviewed by:A Beginners Needle

Pattern Photo:

Pattern Info provided by A Beginners Needle

Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
Type:Kids(boys & girls)
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description:
Boys collared shirt with polo style placket, bias bound collar, short sleeves and hip vents.
Pattern Sizing:
92-128. I made a size 98 for my little man. It's a bit big on him, but I figure he can grow into it.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Most definitely!
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes and no. The button placket wasn't easy. I was glad that I read kidmd's review of this shirt first. She has a link to a fliker photo sequence that helped with this - although if you're a beginner this might still be a bit tricky. The rest of the instructions were straigh forward. (here's a link to the other review: Click Here
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I really like how it was drafted. All the seams matched up well. Other than the button placket, I didn't have any trouble with it.
Fabric Used:
cotton.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
None.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes! This is a bit big for my little guy, but I made a bigger size on purpose. Even so, it's a bit hard to get over my little guy's head. If I do make it again, I'll have to fix that. Probably make one size for the body and a bigger size for the placket/collar area.
Conclusion:
This is only the second shirt that I've ever made. The first one was over a year and a half ago for me. Considering that it's been a long while since I've shown a garmet, and it's only the second shirt I've sewn, I think it came out great.
Here's another link to the shirt: Pic 1, Pic 2

-----------------------------

I've made a second shirt for my son. You would think making it a second time it would be easier than the first - nope. I had to redo the collar twice. But overall, I think it came out better than the first. Here is a pic of my son wearing his new shirt!

New Shirt

-----------------------------

I've made one more - this one in the biggest size. Love this pattern! I wish they had it for the bigger kids now that my son is older.
Cat n Bull said... (11/7/11 10:37 PM) Reply
SO very cute!
newmama said... (10/23/11 6:29 AM) Reply
Aww, what a cutie :) His new shirt looks really nice and I love the robots.

by: STARG

By Hand London Elisalex Dress

by: Alice Wang

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sewing Workshop Valencia Jacket & Pants Pattern