Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4377 (Misses' Medieval Dress)

Reviewed by:Maggiedoll

About Maggiedollstar
MD USA
Member since: 1/8/10
Posted on:11/4/11 7:50 PM
Last Updated:11/4/11 7:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Needs More Info by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Maggiedoll said... (11/20/13 7:40 PM) Reply
NotMilk, I just didn't like the way the instructions wanted it to go together. I did say what was wrong with the instructions, in the review, where I explained that I didn't like the way they were enclosing the bottom, didn't like their closure method, and that I totally ditched the instructions. Since I didn't like the way they were doing it, I didn't attempt to follow specific instructions. If you're having trouble with gathering, I'd suggest just doing some loose stitching along the edge that you want to gather, and then pull the bobbin thread to gather it. That's my general method, and I believe it's the usual one.
NotMilk said... (9/30/13 9:06 PM) Reply
Can you say what was wrong with the directions? I am working on this piece now and have made it to the gathering step.
ayan said... (8/24/13 10:32 AM) Reply
Oh, snaps are a GREAT idea! Keep your cloak from dragging in the mud! I'm so stealing that.
Maggiedoll said... (11/7/11 9:01 AM) Reply
Events? I need events for a cloak? I think the event was 8 yards of unruly synthetic velvet taking up space in my stash for a year! ;-)
marec said... (11/5/11 0:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful! What events are you wearing it to?