Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6433 (Misses' Dresses In 3 Lengths)

Reviewed by:Mahogany Stylist

About Mahogany Styliststarstarstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 6/26/07
Posted on:11/10/11 10:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
salsera7 said... (6/13/12 12:23 PM) Reply
You look stunning in this dress and you did a great job!
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/2/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Yes. The armscye must come up a bit for better mobility.
bindu1 said... (4/1/12 6:04 PM) Reply
The dress is lovely on you. Reminds me of tennis! Thanks for the tips on the neckline and sleeve - I had my fingers burned on a recent attempt on a jacket, so I will be taking more care before cutting out the pattern pieces. I think I see what you mean by the armscye hole being too low for the sleeve piece - so when you reach around it pulls the bodice's side front, right?
Sew it seams said... (2/24/12 6:07 PM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous on you. (You are gorgeous, as well.) The fabric choice is perfect for this dress. It looks very classy and elegant.
Sheila457 said... (2/24/12 5:13 PM) Reply
Lovely dress and love the pleating detail.
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/14/11 4:54 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone!
VirginiasDghter said... (11/13/11 11:41 AM) Reply
What a great white dress! Love it!
Sue Parrott said... (11/12/11 10:29 PM) Reply
So very pretty and classy! I love it and it fits you beautifully!
Sue Parrott said... (11/12/11 10:29 PM) Reply
So very pretty and classy! I love it and it fits you beautifully!
pdiddly said... (11/12/11 10:42 AM) Reply
absolutely stunning on you
prttynpnk said... (11/11/11 8:55 PM) Reply
Thank you for this well thought out review, you have answered some questions I had about this and yours is lovely!
Terri A said... (11/11/11 4:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. Thanks for the helpful info on alterations. Everything about it looks classy and elegant.
Heatherrique said... (11/11/11 11:46 AM) Reply
Classy, modern, and glamourous!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/11/11 11:05 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Marec - The color is cream. This dress was made for our annual Unity Conference (September). I won't wear it again until summer.
Julia C said... (11/11/11 9:47 AM) Reply
I love your dress. It does not look too low to me.
becca a said... (11/11/11 9:25 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! The fit and fabric are lovely. Your dress is so much nicer than the views on the pattern.
Andreahg said... (11/11/11 9:13 AM) Reply
I've been going back and forth on getting this pattern but your dress has pushed me over the fence. WOW! They should use your picture for the pattern cover! Your dress looks so much better on you than the model.
cleverkitty said... (11/11/11 8:50 AM) Reply
WOW just Beautiful and good job on working the fitting out.
Elemenopeo said... (11/11/11 7:46 AM) Reply
Wow - stunning results on this one.
1SewSweet said... (11/11/11 6:32 AM) Reply
Very very nice! More and more, we have to be very careful when using the big 4 patterns, sizing truly needs improving with them!! Great job in fixing this problem and thanks for sharing!
delfinelise said... (11/11/11 5:32 AM) Reply
This is so unique! I love the fabric choice, and the pleats on this pattern are so clever. Your dress looks very pretty. Thanks for the thorough review!
marec said... (11/10/11 11:15 PM) Reply
That is a great design, and your workmanship has turned out a beautiful dress! I love it in the winter white (is that the shade you used?) . The neckline is interesting and the pleating is a detail I love, love, love.
Sherril Miller said... (11/10/11 10:43 PM) Reply
The white is so lovely on your beautiful dark skin. You got the fit perfect and I agree that your dress looks much more lovely than the cover model's dress. I think you need to make it again. Even though it shows cleavage, I think that the narrow neckline makes it appear more modest.
Lhan said... (11/10/11 10:21 PM) Reply
This looks extremely elegant. The fabric is beautiful and the fit is so well developed - thanks for the views of your (well-practiced) pattern alterations - a very clear and helpful addition. The front neckline is very attractive, and I think your dress looks a lot more interesting than the pattern views. It looks like a dress that would be very useful. Thanks for your helpful review.

Kwik Sew 3683