Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2787 (Womens Criss Cross Tops)

Review submitted in November Challenge - Sprint towards the Holidays Contest
Reviewed by:crazygrad

About crazygradstar
Member since: 11/11/07

Posted on:11/11/11 8:17 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Maternity
VivianZ said... (6/18/12 7:56 AM) Reply
I know you wrote this a while back, but I loved the peyes description! perfect. I am making my DIL this top to nurse in, and want to prevent mistakes. Thanks for the review. She is very short, 5', and I was trying to get an idea about how low the V neck is.
ClaireEmily said... (11/12/11 10:00 AM) Reply
Your version looks great! I have to say that I have just made this and had a lot of trouble with fitting as I am full busted. I really need the cross overs to be firm, or they hang off the bust and reveal, especially the nursing version which I made. If you can get a wearable top out of it I am impressed, because I couldn't!
becca a said... (11/12/11 9:52 AM) Reply
Your top looks lovely and slimming. I agree with the other posters, jersey curls. It is a PITA, but your result is nice. I have made this top and I think the overlap is sufficient that it doesn't result in flashing as you move around.
marec said... (11/12/11 0:23 AM) Reply
I laughed while reading your review...even though it seems that you were faced with problems of fabric and fit, your top turned out very nice. Jersey just does that curling thing.
Judy Kski said... (11/11/11 11:54 PM) Reply
If this fabric is a jersey knit, it is the nature of the fabric to curl. It's just something you have to deal with.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2008-116