Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 45793-1012 (Armani Faux Fur Jacket)

Reviewed by:nancy2001

About nancy2001starstarstarstar
Member since: 12/3/05
Posted on:11/16/11 8:17 PM
Last Updated:11/17/11 9:46 AM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

WJean said... (1/18/12 1:04 AM) Reply
Your coat is gorgeous as is the whole outfit. The collar and bag just sets it off. I admire you for taking your ufo and redesigning it to Threads Contest status. This is a great outfit and hopefully it will inspire me to use my long ago purchase of 'Persian Faux Fur!'
Kay Y said... (11/22/11 12:33 PM) Reply
Fabulous!!! I added my vote.
Creativewan said... (11/20/11 3:57 PM) Reply
Just came across your reviews...LOVE the jacket and the handbag is to die for! You are truly talented and I'm glad the inspiration struck you at just the right time...your inspiration is a great inspiration to us all!!! I will vote for you everyday... :)
EleanorSews said... (11/19/11 3:43 PM) Reply
Another amazing creation! You are truly an inspiration in the projects you undertake and their beautiful finishes. I'll be voting daily... Welcome back!
Nancy Rhodes said... (11/19/11 10:35 AM) Reply
Nancy, logged on and voting... great outfit!
Elizabeth made this said... (11/18/11 4:03 PM) Reply
Well done. This is so stylish. Congratulations. I will vote and keep my fingers crossed on your behalf.
RLL said... (11/18/11 10:12 AM) Reply
Wow...WOW. I voted!
Sallys Sewing Journal said... (11/17/11 4:42 PM) Reply
I really love this jacket!
mastdenman said... (11/17/11 10:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Great save for a great project.
nancy2001 said... (11/17/11 10:01 AM) Reply
Thank you for your kind and generous comments (and your votes, too!) Pieraci2, I'm working on my review of the Gucci hobo bag right now. In fact, a few minutes ago, I somehow managed to push the wrong button, which accidently sent this review back up to the top of the Gallery, and now I can't get it back down to its proper spot, one row down on the page. I apologize for this error. I think it happened because I had both reviews open at the same time and was switching back and forth between them. Without thinking, I inadvertently updated the wrong review. But as they say, to err is human, to really screw up takes a computer!
becca a said... (11/17/11 9:42 AM) Reply
This jacket (and your whole ensemble) is amazing! I absolutely love your combination of faux persian lamb and leopard. It fits you perfectly! Your review is fantastic! Congratulations on being a finalist in the Threads competition, and good luck.
KensingtonCrab said... (11/17/11 8:16 AM) Reply
Love love love to the 100th power! Just beautiful and will be sure to get in my votes!
VtMartha said... (11/17/11 6:47 AM) Reply
Wow! I am so impressed! And I did today's voting.
pieraci2 said... (11/17/11 6:11 AM) Reply
I admire your self-learning attitude. It so show is this beautiful creation(s). You have encouraged me in the past and I just recently got up off my butt to sew again. Your skills are amazing! I will continue to vote for you each day! How are the bags coming along?
JillyBe said... (11/17/11 5:07 AM) Reply
That is one classically elegant "silk purse". And what a stunning, stunning outfit in its entirety! Congratulations on your well-deserved finalist achievement - may you go much further with it!
Laurasews said... (11/17/11 0:18 AM) Reply
Nancy, you totally deserve the honor. I am proud to vote for you. Great job!!!
Aya said... (11/17/11 0:18 AM) Reply
I LOVE this jacket! I will definitely be casting my votes for you.
sewbehind said... (11/16/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Wow, Nancy. I can see why you were picked as one of the contestants in the Threads Contest. Fabulous work and on such a miniscule budget!
cmcarr said... (11/16/11 11:14 PM) Reply
fantastic!
JDpenelope said... (11/16/11 10:27 PM) Reply
Nancy, This is the most amazing review of a fabulous jacket. Surely, you will win this contest. I will vote and vote again. Your pictures are gorgeous, of you in all of your creations. I don't see the pear shape -- You look sleek, thin, and stylish. Surely your gest about your age! Will watch for the other reviews.
CTBarb said... (11/16/11 9:45 PM) Reply
Unbelievably chic! You deserve to win the Ultimate Challenge. I will be voting all month! Fantastic outfit.
Terri A said... (11/16/11 9:03 PM) Reply
You are blowing my mind with all this... I can't wait to see all the other associated reviews as well.
marec said... (11/16/11 9:02 PM) Reply
wowza! This is fantastic, Nancy. I am thrilled you saved a potential wadder, and added to your already gorgeous wardrobe. Congratulations on your finalist status-well deserved.
Catbird said... (11/16/11 8:52 PM) Reply
Where can I choose the rating "spectacular review?!" This is so well thought out and beautifully executed, and I'm so impressed with the slim Armani-like fit you achieved. And no animals were harmed! I love that part of it. The shoulder line is perfect. Everything is perfect. Congratulations and good luck on the Threads contest. I'm heading over there now to cast my vote.

by: nanneke