Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3696 (Misses Knit Pajama Top)

Review submitted in Refashion Contest Contest
Reviewed by:GwenH

About GwenH
Member since: 8/26/09
Posted on:11/30/11 7:29 PM
Last Updated:12/1/11 6:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
WhatSew said... (1/3/12 10:26 AM) Reply
Love this! I have a bunch of old tees from volunteering and this is a great idea to use them up.
annakeeton said... (12/4/11 7:38 PM) Reply
Great refashion to create this flattering top from two shapeless t-shirts.
Aroura said... (12/1/11 11:17 AM) Reply
really great looking PJ to, and fantastic refashioning job!
GwenH said... (12/1/11 9:49 AM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments all! And mssewcrazy, if you see this, I think the neckline would not be too open for most people, I'm just used to high necks in my sleepwear and generally prefer v-necks to scoop-necks. My picture shows quite well how it fits on me, I just need to find the timer on my camera's display before I can photograph myself in a garment.
mssewcrazy said... (12/1/11 8:19 AM) Reply
Using two tees is just an amazing transformation! Even using smaller sizes I find lots of the patterns just have necklines and shoulder areas way too open unless I redraw them. If someone says the neck is open on a pattern I know I better not go there or plan to do a lot of redrafting so thanks for the warning.
Elemenopeo said... (11/30/11 10:26 PM) Reply
Very cute - I have this pattern and intend to make a slew of pjs soon. Will have to pull it out.
NancyZL said... (11/30/11 10:20 PM) Reply
Very original & also quite pretty ! Thanks for the pattern layout, that can be the difficult part of refashioning!
ElizabethDee said... (11/30/11 9:20 PM) Reply
Gwen, I am just astonished at the transformation here! I would never, never have guessed that your new pajama top had been made from anything other than standard yardage. It looks terrific, and I also really like the pattern layout you showed. Makes me want to copy you!

Marfy 2264