Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7799 (Pullover top with shawl collar)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:10/27/04 7:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Annette1 said... (11/9/05 0:34 AM) Reply
I've been reading not only this review, but many others of your reviews, as well. So while I had the BEST INTENTIONS of going to bed early for a change, here I sit, hunched over the computer instead. Your reviews are top-notch, as are your garments. You have a way with words that makes everything you describe very understandable. Not only that, we seem to have very similar tastes in the patterns we choose. I've made several of the same garments you have (albeit in a much l-a-r-g-e-r size)! I look forward to seeing your latest creations.
Tiner W said... (10/30/04 8:43 AM) Reply
Very Pretty! I have this pattern, but read comments about difficulty fitting. I'm a small B, too, so maybe it'll work for me. Thanks for the review!
Danvillegirl said... (10/29/04 7:56 AM) Reply
Lovely fabric. Made the top look different and appealing. I have this pattern but have not made it.
MickeyFan said... (10/29/04 7:33 AM) Reply
Regarding the FBA, it is hard for me to know for sure in your case. I am a small B so I never have to consider it myself. Since it seems snug across the upper chest (not too snug though), you might want to do an adjustment?? I did prewash the jersey in cold water, and for me it did shrink noticeably - don't know the exact shrinkage. I did not dry in the dryer. While I thought I had plenty before washing, I had to get a little creative when I cut it out...almost didn't have enough.
Jan B. said... (10/28/04 10:01 AM) Reply
Both tops are very pretty! Did you prewash the wool jersey so you can wash it now or do you dry clean it?
ClaireC said... (10/28/04 4:52 AM) Reply
Very pretty tops. I have the fabric you used in the long sleeve version AND the pattern. Guess what I'll be making? ;o)
Sherril Miller said... (10/27/04 7:09 PM) Reply
I bought this pattern and after seeing your top, I really want one. It's gorgeous. Do you think that a person with a C cup would have to do a FBA? I was planning on morphing the neckline on another pattern, but if the top isn't tight under the bust, this pattern may work for me.
sailonsilvergirl said... (10/27/04 6:02 PM) Reply
Oh I remember that wool jersey from EOS ... lucky you! Nice top! Thanks for the one-way stretch warning.
MickeyFan said... (10/27/04 2:40 PM) Reply
Ann, the wool is not at all itchy for me, but I know everybody is a little different. I have a friend who can't wear wool anything without breaking out in hives. How sad...wool jersey is a favorite fabric of mine!
LisaLS said... (10/27/04 2:31 PM) Reply
Wow, that's a gorgeous top!!
MickeyFan said... (10/27/04 12:40 PM) Reply
Lorna, the fit is fairly close through the bust. It is not as close through the body. When I made the top out of a knit that was not stretchy enough, the top was too tight across the chest and in the upper arm. I guess those are the areas with the least amount of ease.
Lorna C. Newman said... (10/27/04 11:16 AM) Reply
The more I see this top, the more I love it. I may have to buy it before it disappears. I see it is no longer in the database of the website. Love the fabrics too! How is the fit, is it supposed ot be really closefitting?
Ann Smith said... (10/27/04 11:06 AM) Reply
Your tops are lovely. Is the wool jersey itchy to wear? I have that fabric but hadn't thought of it as a top. I love yours and may have to copy it.
Eli said... (10/27/04 10:57 AM) Reply
Hancock is having 75% off their Vogue patterns tomorrow and the next day or two and this pattern goes to my "to buy" list! It looks very stylish!
Levone said... (10/27/04 9:30 AM) Reply
Nice tops and love the fabrics that you used for them.
jlg said... (10/27/04 8:16 AM) Reply
Lovely tops. I love the choice of fabrics.
Lisette said... (10/27/04 8:03 AM) Reply
Both versions are very pretty
cindyann said... (10/27/04 8:01 AM) Reply