Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1303 (Florence Jacket)

Reviewed by:MickeyFan

About MickeyFanstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 6/7/04
Posted on:10/30/04 8:20 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

JUDYT said... (9/26/05 3:28 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and hope to make several versions. Will definitely check the sleeve fit before cutting the fabric and when setting in the cut sleeve. JUDYT
SouthernStitch said... (10/31/04 7:06 PM) Reply
Some patterns and fabrics just work better with the traditional method, no doubt. Your jacket is really nice, I like the scalloped edge alot.
Liana said... (10/30/04 5:24 PM) Reply
Very pretty! The sleeves look great. The crowding method never gives me my best results either. Sigh.
jlg said... (10/30/04 11:51 AM) Reply
Very pretty. Thanks for the review. I keep thinking that I need to try this pattern.
Mariella said... (10/30/04 10:53 AM) Reply
Lovely results, MickyFan - a beautiful jacket and a beautiful colour. It seems that none of the Loes Hinse or Textile Studio patterns include ANY suggestions for finishing the armhole seam and you're not the only one who made the "mistake" of serging them together - I recall reading another review where the sewist did this and wasn't happy with the results either. I recently made the similarly styled Loes Hinse Piazza jacket and I cannot get the lapels to stay back, in spite of understitching them carefully, just as described in the pattern. I find I'm constantly checking to see that they are "in place".
D1Diva said... (10/30/04 10:20 AM) Reply
Timely review. I'm working on a Loes Hinse Retro Jacket and the sleeve cap looks exactly how you described, "tall than Mt. Everest!!" I, too, was going to use the ease plus method, but now I'll use the gathering stitch instead. Thanks for saving me a bunch of frustration!
Modiste Madness said... (10/30/04 9:36 AM) Reply
I like the hang of yours better also.
Danvillegirl said... (10/30/04 8:23 AM) Reply
Nice results in spite of your challenges. Looks very nice.

Deer&Doe Robe Sureau