Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2012-117A

Member since: 2/21/03
Posted on:1/18/12 9:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
tigergirl said... (3/3/12 11:06 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic. I actually bought the magazine for this dress.
Kay Y said... (2/5/12 8:30 PM) Reply
I traced this today, inspired by your version. Gorgeous work!
Elke said... (2/2/12 2:48 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress and it looks great on you!
hongkongshopper said... (1/28/12 4:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! A great Burda dress.
Silk Challis said... (1/27/12 4:52 PM) Reply
Wow! It is an amazing dress! And how quick you have been in making and reviewing it! This is a pattern that I have noticed in the magazine and would like to sew it too. Thanks for reviewing it!
ConnieBJ said... (1/26/12 1:14 PM) Reply
Oh! Oh! Oh! Capital A Adorable! And me without this issue! Sorry, gotta go find one! I just have to add my husband's comment about the Burda photo. "Nice Bike- but she can't ride it in that dress!"!
MissCelie said... (1/26/12 1:07 PM) Reply
I'm obsessed with this pattern. Thank you for a terrific review.
Levone said... (1/25/12 10:03 PM) Reply
Beautiful, it looks great on you! Not sure how I missed this review.
cmarie12 said... (1/22/12 4:01 PM) Reply
This is awesome and you made it so quickly! Love it!
Elnoramarie said... (1/22/12 10:14 AM) Reply
I got this magazine yesterday. This dress is fabulous on you. I loved the magazine picture. i think you do it justice and more. I love the suggestion of less colors.
ChristineX said... (1/19/12 10:20 PM) Reply
Awesome dress!!!!!!
Sharon M said... (1/19/12 6:57 PM) Reply
I can't believe you sewed and reviewed this already! I just got my magazine yesterday and marked this one as a "must have". I was wondering about fabric and am glad to see that the Hancock Ponteroma worked well as I have some of those 1 yd and less pieces left over from other projects. That dress ROCKS!
SewWil said... (1/19/12 5:38 PM) Reply
Wow! This is GORGEOUS! Great job!
Melody said... (1/19/12 4:13 PM) Reply
Kick a*s is just what I was thinking. This is fabulous and you got it done so quickly. I haven't even had a chance to look at this issue yet, much less make something so fab.
allycovey said... (1/19/12 3:23 PM) Reply
I have just been waiting for someone to make this dress. I am looking forward to it as well. You know I didn't think of it but yeah what a great way to use scraps. I have some LOL
nellc said... (1/19/12 2:32 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress!
redrockcity said... (1/19/12 2:26 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. So glad to know it can be made in Ponte! It is fabulous!!
CoutureDiva said... (1/19/12 2:08 PM) Reply
Love it! Great job.
twinkle72 said... (1/19/12 1:38 PM) Reply
Wow! You knocked this out in a hurry! It looks very much like the one in the magazine. It looks great! Sadly, I threw all my large, but not large enough to do much with scraps away recently!
TJSEWS said... (1/19/12 12:28 PM) Reply
The dress looks so beautiful on you!
JodieT said... (1/19/12 11:33 AM) Reply
I am in love with this dress and your sewing. I just got my magazine yesterday - you are fast! Thank you for your review, this is going on my to do list. Fabulous!
mollymolly said... (1/19/12 9:33 AM) Reply
Very cool! I love the colors you chose
squirrellypoo said... (1/19/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Yay I'm so glad you reviewed this! It looks fab AND you've left off the zipper, too - I'm so glad it fits over your head. I traced out this pattern last night and totally agree that the red on pink was harder than usual. You do know Burda print the piece numbers along the edge to help you find them on the sheet, right?
persevering said... (1/19/12 8:39 AM) Reply
Your dress really is FABULOUS - and you look GREAT in it. I think you have now inspired many with your success.
betsey said... (1/19/12 7:59 AM) Reply
very pretty!!!
Lisette said... (1/19/12 7:45 AM) Reply
Wow! It fits you so well! You are very quick, I just got my magazine 2 days ago!
Amanda.Claire said... (1/19/12 7:42 AM) Reply
Your dress is so amazing! I'm going to show this to my daughter, she has been looking for a color blocked dress. I like your idea of supporting the zipper with ribbon. I'll have to remember this.
prttynpnk said... (1/19/12 7:24 AM) Reply
Gees you are fast! I just got mine yesterday.....gorgeous work. These patterns are always hard for me to trace from the magazines,too.
lamstu said... (1/19/12 6:55 AM) Reply
I LOVE YOUR DRESS! So amazing. I must have it! I hope the German version has this pattern, that's what I have access to right now.
tsedai said... (1/19/12 3:08 AM) Reply
Wow! Looks great! I just got my magazine today - crazy to see the dress made up already. This was my favorite item from this issue, so I am glad to see that it gets made up well, although sad to hear that it is annoying to trace. But I think your version looks fabulous - now I really want to make one for myself!
SusiM said... (1/19/12 0:25 AM) Reply
This one is winner! Looks great!
Nan Kay said... (1/19/12 0:15 AM) Reply
Looks great. I just got the magazine yesterday and this was my first pick! You did a lovely job with it.
Karen6790 said... (1/18/12 10:56 PM) Reply
Wow, I just got my issue on Saturday - and I LOVED this dress in the magazine. Love it even more on you. This is the first BWOF pattern to hit me hard in a long time. Can't believe you got it done this quickly.
sewmytime said... (1/18/12 10:07 PM) Reply
OMG! This dress is AMAZING!!!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/18/12 9:45 PM) Reply
I am in love with your dress. I have not recieved this issue yet, but can't wait to get hold of it now!
ArtAttack said... (1/18/12 9:40 PM) Reply
Oh, wow! What FABULOUS color blocking...this is kick a*s? I bet it looks great on!

Burda 8347