Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2007-02 (05-2007-02)

Reviewed by:Elizabeth made this

photo3
Pattern Photo:

More Info provided by Elizabeth made this

Pattern Rating:Easy & Great for Beginners
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: collared blouse with back shoulder darts, bust darts, waist darts, waist ties, and shirred ties on the 3/4ish length sleeves.

Pattern Sizing:34-52. I graded down to a 32 in the shoulders/neck/sleeve and swung out to a 34 at the bottom of the armsyce.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?yes. The only thing that I was unclear of was how big the hem allowances are. I searched through the issue and never really figured out how much was included.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?I really like the shirred casings on the sleeves. It's a fun detail that makes a plain silhouette a little more interesting.

Fabric Used:rayon challis version 1 (pajama top), version 2 (basic button down with added waist casing in place of darts) is a stretch cotton shirting from Fashionista Fabrics.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I folded out a 1/2" in the front and back armscye and sleeve, and had to lower the bust dart which was too high for me but it fit fine other than that.

For version 2, I eliminated the waist darts in front and back and opted for a casing instead. I had planned on making up BWOF 8-2008-112, but the smallest size it comes in is a 36. Since I had already done the grading work on this top and there is essentially no difference between the two patterns (minus a sleeve detail I couldn't care less about), I decided to adapt this pattern instead. It took all of 30 seconds to do so.

For version 3, I made it per the pattern except that I divided the front darts into 2 darts instead of 1. It changes the look a hair but only if you're really paying attention.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I'm definitely keeping this pattern around. It fits me really well and it's easy to adapt.
outfit ensemble

Conclusion: a really nice sew and easy to fit. More on my blog.
Elizabeth Made This: Rayon challis pajamas

Elizabeth Made This: A blue white shirt

Elizabeth Made This: Pattern repeat Ottobre 5-2007-2
Linda63 said... (4/8/15 8:15 PM) Reply
The collar, the sleeves and the color make a very nice blouse. It fits you well. The collar is perfect, collars are not an easy task. Bravo.
msschiel said... (4/7/15 8:16 PM) Reply
Very cute and stylish! I love the color.
Lori V said... (3/4/12 11:05 AM) Reply
Great new shirt, wonderful waist detail
blue mooney said... (3/4/12 7:23 AM) Reply
That's a nice pattern, and cute fabric! I've made this, too, and can tell you that the darts are just crazy the way they're positioned. It's unusual for Ottobre.
Levone said... (3/4/12 3:58 AM) Reply
Love your latest shirt! I like the casing/waist detail.
helenkosings said... (1/27/12 3:53 PM) Reply
I adore this particular print and am delighted to see it sewn into something other than a skirt! Good job.
MNBarb said... (1/27/12 1:01 PM) Reply
I love your rayon jammies in this beautiful blue fabric. Yes, it was high time if you were wearing pregnancy nightwear. I hope you threw them in the trash! Now you have something lovely for sleeping or lounging.
swany said... (1/27/12 9:14 AM) Reply