Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7396 (JACKET)

Reviewed by:MrsC NZ

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket
MNBarb said... (5/23/12 9:12 AM) Reply
I love what you've done with this pattern. The styling and fabric, fit are really great on you.
jynclr said... (2/14/12 1:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Great review. Thank you.
Sassy T said... (2/12/12 11:07 AM) Reply
Love your version.
MrsC NZ said... (2/10/12 6:43 PM) Reply
Yay to everyone, thank you! I may end up adding those fab pocket flaps with stripes going horizintally to mix it up a bit too. But possibly not as I love it and have had heaps of compliments. I don't know why Burda chose a busy chiffon to make up for their sample as it does nothing for the pattern at all. Next version going well and I'll blog about it and put it up here as I think it is going to be completely different in appearance.
FloraNature said... (2/9/12 9:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I wouldn't have bothered with this pattern until I saw your version.
tess said... (2/8/12 5:45 AM) Reply
Wow! this looks great on you and very inspiring as I am a similar size and shape to you, the collar is extremely flattering!
lesliez said... (2/8/12 0:34 AM) Reply
This is so cute! Thanks for the review.
Michele Lommasson said... (2/7/12 1:47 PM) Reply
I love this jacket. I think your version is much prettier than the pattern picture. I don't mind the stripe "mistake" too very much at all. I wonder if you used a sash of dark coordinating fabric over the join between bodice and lower jacket if the stripe mismatch would entirely disappear! I think, of course, that you should wear it regardless, often and with joy; it is extremely flattering. And, I do love your choice of fabric; you are right it is entirely evocative of a bygone era. I want a jacket just like yours!
prttynpnk said... (2/7/12 12:18 PM) Reply
Hurray! I've been waiting for a review of this and I love it! Your take has such a nice punky retro feel- wonderful!!
helenkosings said... (2/7/12 10:14 AM) Reply
I had overlooked this pattern and now it's going on the wishlist! It looks really good on you and I think it might look ok on me too. Thanks for the review!
Amanda.Claire said... (2/7/12 7:23 AM) Reply
Your coat is really wonderful!
jlg said... (2/7/12 4:55 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket.
BeaJay said... (2/7/12 2:45 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have this pattern down in my SWAP for this year so it is great to see how it worked out for you. Looks great.
MissyBelle said... (2/7/12 1:34 AM) Reply
Super cute. I love the neckline and collar! The stripes are perfect.

by: AmandaRene...