Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2004-130 (fur/suede jacket)

Reviewed by:pharmercoon

About pharmercoonstar
Member since: 4/5/04
Posted on:11/12/04 3:16 PM
Last Updated:11/12/04 3:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Reedy said... (2/22/05 11:55 AM) Reply
Great jacket and great review! Thanks for the warning about working with faux fur.
Sue_WA said... (11/16/04 3:31 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful! It looks great on you!
Eli said... (11/14/04 11:46 PM) Reply
It is awesome! I commend you for your lack of fear to work with the fur!
Catmama said... (11/14/04 10:30 PM) Reply
terrific jacket and the color really suits you! Good job!
pharmercoon said... (11/14/04 4:35 AM) Reply
After I posted my review, I was unable to get back to the computer for a while. I couldn't believe all the sweet comments. Thanks everyone!! Kay
Rennie Ashby said... (11/13/04 8:26 AM) Reply
Save the Faux's! Your jacket is incredible! May have to drive the 25m to Hancocks for my own Faux.
momkoz said... (11/13/04 7:47 AM) Reply
wow, that jacket is awesome! momkoz jennifer
Eli said... (11/13/04 1:55 AM) Reply
It is just lovely! A lot of trouble but a great result!
Vivienne said... (11/13/04 0:09 AM) Reply
I don't care how many faux died for your jacket - it is gorgeous on you.
Katharine in BXL said... (11/13/04 0:02 AM) Reply
WOW! What a fantastic coat. This one caught my eye too but I'm too chicken to try it. What a terrific challenge for a first time WOF, and a raging success. Cheers!
edube said... (11/12/04 10:33 PM) Reply
I do a lot of sewing but it never would have occurred to me to attempt this jacket. And I could use it too--I live in Maine! You review has really made me rethink this pattern.
chocobar said... (11/12/04 10:00 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job. Now, I want to make one (and coming from Princess Procrastinator that's saying something). I LOVE the comment by your son; how funny! A warm memory to go with your warm jacket.
Levone said... (11/12/04 7:58 PM) Reply
Great looking doing a wonderful, professional job.
candyo said... (11/12/04 7:54 PM) Reply
Another great garment from Kay! Can't wait to see the next one! Glad no 'fauxs' were hurt to make your jacket!
Schnauzer said... (11/12/04 7:53 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and a lovely story about your son. He sounds a very caring little boy.
SandraB said... (11/12/04 7:27 PM) Reply
Wow!! This fantastic jacket almost (not quite, but almost) makes me wish I had a winter climate to wear it in. What a beautiful garment, and it fits you so well. Good job. Your hard work has really paid off.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/12/04 6:10 PM) Reply
First off, hooray for your son!! Clearly you've raised him right. :-) Secondly, I'll ditto his comment: Cool! Way cool, in fact. The seaming and welt pockets are lovely details on a completely fabulous coat. Where do I place my order?
jlg said... (11/12/04 6:09 PM) Reply
All the adjectives that I was going to use have been used. Great coat, review and DS story.
SewTabby said... (11/12/04 5:47 PM) Reply
Debbie Cook said... (11/12/04 5:44 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks fantastic, and the fit is perfect! Love the DS "Faux" story too!
Athelas said... (11/12/04 4:31 PM) Reply
Wow! That is fabulous! You should live up here in NE where you could wear it 8 months/yr!
MaryBeth said... (11/12/04 4:26 PM) Reply
Very sharp! You've taken that fabric and made it gorgeous!
cindyann said... (11/12/04 4:25 PM) Reply
GREAT! You did a wonderful job.
Vonnevo said... (11/12/04 4:22 PM) Reply
Super jacket ! It is fabulous and really suits you. Thanks for the review. Got to love that Burda style
Lisette said... (11/12/04 4:15 PM) Reply
Great coat!
Diana M said... (11/12/04 3:42 PM) Reply
WOW! The effort you put into it REALLY paid off. Gorgeous jacket. Thanks for reviewing it.
els said... (11/12/04 3:40 PM) Reply
Woh you really made a copy of that RTW picture in your photo album. Congratulations, hope you will get some cold weather so you can wear your new cozy looking coat.Had to smile about your sons question and your answer on it with a straight face ofcourse like mothers can do instantly if an answer demands it.
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/12/04 3:22 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I saw one just like it at a boutique for over $200. You must be so happy with it! -Ann

by: FreyaStark