Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1281 (Misses Dress-Donna Karan)

Work in Progress Work in Progress
Reviewed by:Veronimuse

About Veronimusestar
Member since: 12/17/10
Posted on:2/18/12 2:49 PM
Last Updated:2/19/12 11:35 AM

Balesbydesign said... (8/24/12 7:53 AM) Reply
Has anyone tried to alter this pattern for petite?
Veronimuse said... (5/6/12 11:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for the input everyone. It occurred to me that I wasn't sure how well this pattern would work for me, so I decided to start out with the white fabric for the bodice, reasoning that I can always proceed to the print afterward. It was a good move. The shoulder straps are a bit long for me, which might be a function of the stretchiness of my fabric. I've set the project aside for now to work on some Craftsy classes but hope to get back to this by mid June to early July.
tpace said... (4/13/12 1:00 AM) Reply
The floral pattern print gets my vote.
genierita said... (2/22/12 8:52 PM) Reply
The print! the print! It's just gorgeous. Unique and very striking - not a combo that has a 'been there done that' feel. as navy/white.
jenleeC said... (2/22/12 1:13 PM) Reply
The print gets my vote! I like the more subtle contrast.
tiajah said... (2/22/12 1:11 PM) Reply
I vote for the print. Lovely.
neufy said... (2/21/12 8:16 AM) Reply
I will vote for the print!! Fabulous
MarianS said... (2/19/12 1:31 PM) Reply
I was reading the pattern description and noticed the bodice is lined. If you pick the print, it might be better to line it with the white, depending on how transparant the print fabric is.
MarianS said... (2/19/12 1:26 PM) Reply
I really like the blue and white in the pattern photo, but I like the floral even more. It is such a perfect match to the navy that they just look like they were made for each other! I think I would wear the dress more with the print. The navy and white look very special occasionish. Can't wait to see this dress - it will be fabulous either way you choose.
Claverie said... (2/19/12 11:47 AM) Reply
Floral would nicely break the tradition of sewing what's on the pattern cover. I think it would be more interesting, yet the white would be very classic. Do you want INTEREST? or CLASSIC? :)
Veronimuse said... (2/19/12 11:26 AM) Reply
Oops, accidentally set the privacy setting too high. I'll re-link the photos after fixing that!
Marcia R said... (2/19/12 11:19 AM) Reply
same here, there is a technical error somewhere...sorry page not found
tess said... (2/19/12 5:04 AM) Reply
I can't get the photo link to work for your swatches but can't wait to see them they just come up with page not found!

StyleArc Marie Jacket