Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1159 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:wordchick

About wordchickstar
Member since: 3/31/07
Posted on:2/26/12 5:14 PM
Last Updated:2/26/12 11:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Phillis2 said... (5/8/12 2:15 PM) Reply
I'm drying my eyes after your review. I can sympathize with you. I know what a kitchen dress is -- we call it a bacon and egg dress! I do like the fabric you chose but wish I could get the picture to go larger. A pat on you back for the effort. I can see that you know how to sew. I look foward to your next project posting.
Nenewhis said... (2/27/12 11:50 AM) Reply
I love your review. You know, there are just those times when something doesn't work out; it's a frustrating waste of time and money, but you always learn from these little snafus and your humor about the situation leads me to believe that you are OVER IT! Great review, you have helped so many people with your honesty!
VirginiasDghter said... (2/27/12 11:34 AM) Reply
Es ist schade! (unfortunate). Hopefully you can find someone who can use it. At least you learned something in the process. That's always a good thing!
becca a said... (2/27/12 9:22 AM) Reply
The dress does look lovely on the dress form! How disappointing to put in all that work and find that you don't want to wear it. I hate when that happens.
KathleenS said... (2/27/12 6:09 AM) Reply
I feel for you. I know that moment you're talking about. Everything's going fine and then you get to put it on for the first time and oh. Thanks for the review and better luck next time.
JMarie1962 said... (2/27/12 0:53 AM) Reply
It does look very nice on the form so I'm sorry it didn't work for you. I knew exactly what you meant when you said "kitchen dress" haha I'm sure it was a disappointment after all your hard work. Thanks for a good (and humorous) review.
ChristmasHills said... (2/27/12 0:20 AM) Reply
Oh such a shame because it does look good on the dress form, nice choice of fabric too. Oh well live and learn eh?
wordchick said... (2/26/12 11:26 PM) Reply
Thanks Skye! I agree...one of my friends wants to try it on. If it fits, it's hers. If not, I'll donate it to someone else. thanks so much :)
Skye said... (2/26/12 10:19 PM) Reply
I am sorry the style didn't suit you as you say it looks lovely on your dressform. My DH calls ths type of sewing charity sewing as I donate it.

Sewing Workshop Tahoe Pants Pattern