Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 10277-1000 (Christmas Gift Bags)

Reviewed by:SewTwin

Last Updated:11/20/04 0:37 AM

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

edube said... (11/21/04 10:29 PM) Reply
Thanks, you have really inspired me to do this for this year. I too have a lot of scraps that could be put to good use.
SewTwin said... (11/21/04 0:14 AM) Reply
I made these of all shapes and sizes. The tree skirt bags work great for odd sized gifts, and some are for books, wine bottles, etc. Great for body lotions, items that are irregular sized, and for little kids who can't wait for their toys to be unscrewed, untied, and released from those kid-proof boxes they are in! They are reusable, and people who recieve them can use them next year the same way some of us save gift bags and shirt boxes. I lined some of them with fabric, others I just turned down the hem about 7" so you would not see the inside if I didn't have enough fabric to line the whole thing. basically the material I had left over from other projects or remnants determined that shape.
edube said... (11/20/04 11:21 PM) Reply
These are really cool! But I don't understand the function exactly--are they for specific gifts that you are giving? Did that determine the shapes? Are they intended to be reusable? That's what I was going to do this year--make real resusable bags. Can you give some more details? Great idea.

KnipMode Magazine 04-2013-17

by: treefrog

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)