Pattern Reviews> Indygo Junction> IJ904 (Tech Pocket & Portfolio)

Reviewed by:Warbler

About Warblerstar
Member since: 4/15/07
Posted on:3/21/12 8:32 PM
Last Updated:3/28/12 2:54 PM
Mufffet said... (2/3/14 12:34 PM) Reply
WOuld you believe I JUST SAW THIS - I am sorry!!!!! Sorry about the problems....and I am sure you could design and sew one that was perfect!!!! :)
Warbler said... (3/30/12 6:34 PM) Reply
Great questions. The corners are folded squares of fabric, no elastic and they are not super tight as I would like. If I had thought about the design of these I would have modified the cut so the straight grain runs the diagonal edge. I don't know if elastic would be a good solution either because elastic can loose its stretch over time. The corner pieces were part of why I got this pattern to begin with. I thought the fabric would hold the Kindle more tightly. I had to guestimate what size to cut the pattern to fit my Kindle so I think part of the reason the fit is not super tight is because I had no idea if my estimate would be correct. I do not know the size of a Kindle 3. If it is similar to the DX then it would fit. The E-reader pattern dimensions do not state what size the pattern will hold. The cut dimensions for the inside sleeve is 8.75x6 so a reader slightly smaller would fit. The seam allowances are 1/4 inch. I hope this helps.
addicted2fabric said... (3/29/12 3:57 AM) Reply
OOpps, double post, sorry.
addicted2fabric said... (3/29/12 3:57 AM) Reply
Thank you for this review. I love your choice of fabric. I have been thinking of making a cover for my Kindle3 so I will avoid this particular pattern. I have always wondered, do the corner straps hold the Kindle in snuggly, so it doesnt move around? Are they elastic, to give a tight fit? Thanks.

by: Ashford