Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7301 (Boot leg pants)

Reviewed by:Leslie in Austin

About Leslie in Austinstarstarstarstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/30/03
Posted on:11/22/04 4:06 PM
Last Updated:3/12/05 11:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
esmer said... (5/7/05 0:34 AM) Reply
Your review has info that i need, because I would like to sew this pattern for my teenage daughter. I live about 15 minutes out of Austin Texas and we our very fashionable out here. I love the way you pant look and they look great on you. Thank you for the info on your review.
AnneM said... (3/15/05 8:11 PM) Reply
Great pants. I missed your "fashion fever" link before; very cute.
Jennifer shaw said... (3/13/05 6:58 PM) Reply
Wow! You are on a roll of excellent sewing. Your pants look so great on you. Congrats!!
Sew Jane said... (3/13/05 10:19 AM) Reply
FABulous! Looks like you have found Your Pants Pattern. I think it's time to bump your sewing level up to Intermediate.
Karla Kizer said... (3/13/05 8:28 AM) Reply
I agree with Marilyn. They don't get better than this! PS: My DD recently modeled a pair of pants from Express for my approval (the Editor cut, if you are familiar with their pants) , and I was astounded at how well they fit her. I made a tracing of them and set out to find a commercial pattern that came close in style and draft; this Vogue pattern was the winner. After all my unkind remarks about Big 4 pants drafts, I had to eat my words.....
MarilynB said... (3/13/05 6:08 AM) Reply
Your pants and you look fabulous!
Lisette said... (3/12/05 5:37 PM) Reply
Your pants are awesome! They have the Ann Taylor look for sure.
The Renaissance Girl said... (3/12/05 1:35 PM) Reply
Awesome pants! Very stylish and flattering, they seem to fit you really well. I might have to try this pattern.
Hilary said... (3/12/05 11:40 AM) Reply
Leslie, these look wonderful! I certainly can't tell the waist is too tight :oP The fit looks great in the pics - thanks for the tips-good idea for the waistband extension!
sewkal said... (3/12/05 11:37 AM) Reply
Great pants, Leslie. I love the color and the fit. These will be perfect for your European adventure. Great shoes, too!
Kathy Russell said... (1/1/05 2:05 PM) Reply
i'm looking for a first pair of pant to try as a beginner- would these be the ones to try?
Kathy Russell said... (1/1/05 2:03 PM) Reply
i'm looking for a first pair of pants (non-drawstring pj style -have those down) to try as a advanced beginner- would these be the ones to try?
Jennifer shaw said... (12/3/04 8:05 PM) Reply
Really great looking pants, Leslie!! Thanks for the inspiration.
SewTabby said... (12/3/04 10:14 AM) Reply
You can't argue with Fashion Fever Barbie's fashion sense. She has the pick of the entire couture world, and she chooses your pants. Congratulations :) Barbie (and you) has excellent taste!
Katharine in BXL said... (12/3/04 9:05 AM) Reply
Fever Fashion is foxy, and you too. :)
calzone said... (12/3/04 8:56 AM) Reply
You have a great sense of humor. Thanks for writing a review that's both informative AND fun to read!
Skymom said... (12/3/04 8:15 AM) Reply
Well, I know that if dressed like Fashion Fever Barbie, my daughter would think I was da bomb. I think you've done an excellent job of making Fashion Fever pants actually wearable by a sophisticated adult--I love your version and would wear them myself, if I had your long 'n' lean Barbie legs!
els said... (12/2/04 4:40 PM) Reply
Very fashionable pants great fit and looks smashing on you and even on copycat fashion fever barbie.
Jennie Pakula said... (12/2/04 3:35 PM) Reply
Love the pants, and congratulations on becoming Fashion Fever Leslie.
Debbie Cook said... (11/30/04 11:20 AM) Reply
Leslie, The Brady Bunch was my favorite show -- right after The Partridge Family (I think I still love David Cassidy). Your pants look great, and better than any of those Brady kids!! Very flattering to your figure. I'm with Karla -- wish that came in the envelope too. Great review!
SandraB said... (11/26/04 8:52 AM) Reply
Really nice pants Leslie. They fit you well and they look very comfortable. Great retro looking fabric.
Katharine in BXL said... (11/24/04 8:10 AM) Reply
I bet you look cute with springy hair. :)
Leslie in Austin said... (11/23/04 10:00 AM) Reply
Nope, no pockets on this pattern, Åsa. Tabitha, with all of this rain and humidity we've had this week in Central Texas, I actually look more like Greg Brady during his Afro stage!
Gillian said... (11/23/04 9:43 AM) Reply
I love those pants. Great job. Aren't you going to wear them with just a string bikini top like the woman in the illustration, though? :)
SouthernStitch said... (11/23/04 9:06 AM) Reply
These look great on you Leslie, Brady or not. As long as you don't get orange formica in your kitchen now- you're okay. You did a great fitting job.
cindyann said... (11/23/04 7:55 AM) Reply
Great pants. The fit you so well.
Asa Hagstrom said... (11/23/04 5:21 AM) Reply
Looks very good, Leslie! I wish I could get Vogue pants to fit me as well as yours... Are there any pockets on these?
KiwiWendy said... (11/23/04 0:18 AM) Reply
great news that it's not as close fitting, just what I'm looking for!
Sew4Fun said... (11/23/04 0:00 AM) Reply
Leslie, you look fantastic in your new groovy pants. Great job!
SewTabby said... (11/22/04 11:32 PM) Reply
Waaay groovy Leslie Brady! I picture you as Marsha :)
Jan B. said... (11/22/04 10:36 PM) Reply
Great review and great looking pants! Thank you.
Katharine in BXL said... (11/22/04 10:17 PM) Reply
Oooh, what pretty fabric! Love the nickname. Your legs look so long in the stripes. We gotta see more of these from you! Thanks for the warning on fly SA's. Ugh!
Karla Kizer said... (11/22/04 8:49 PM) Reply
Hmmmph...I'd try the pattern if the long legs and trim hips came in the package along with the tissue paper. These look fantastic, Leslie. Don't you think it's time you upgraded yourself from Advanced Beginner? Not only is the sewing wonderful; your fitting skills are perfection. Congratulations.
Levone said... (11/22/04 8:34 PM) Reply
Your pants looks great on you.
Leslie in Austin said... (11/22/04 6:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for the suggestions,Sew Jane! I wanted to use SB's fly front method (which I love too!), but I cut the pieces out without remembering to add on the extra fly front flap SB's method requires. Next time I'll add it on to the pattern piece for sure! These pattern instructions call for the facing to be attached first and then the waistband stitched down on the right side. On the next pair I'll reverse the waistband application so I can to do the stitch in the ditch as you recommended! Thanks again!
CarolynGM said... (11/22/04 6:45 PM) Reply
The pants look great on you; the flare is quite attractive. It always amazes me when someone can make pants from a size 10 pattern without increasing anywhere!!
Danvillegirl said... (11/22/04 6:15 PM) Reply
Cute and fit nicely.
Sew Jane said... (11/22/04 4:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! If more fly front pants are in your future you may want to check out Sandra Betzina's method in her Power Sewing book. Guaranteed to leave your hair in your head, not in your hands. The only stitching visible from the front is the topstitching when using her technique. I also made some contour waist pants recently and used steam-a-seam on the inside to hold the facing in place, then stitched in the ditch on the outside (no hand sewing). HTH - or just tell me to "butt" out. I enjoy all your reviews!
BjP said... (11/22/04 4:46 PM) Reply
Very cool pants and so Brady-like! (Thanks for the flashback, teehee.) Interesting that you found them not exactly close-fitting as the pattern sure looks that way. I do think they look worth a try as I like a more fitted leg on my pants - and thanks for the reminder about the fly facing SA. And I sure don't mind a bit of handsewing - makes me feel like I've done some real sewing! Good review!
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/22/04 4:41 PM) Reply
Leslie, those look great on you! I love the fabric. They make your legs look even longer than they are, and that's Looooooong!!! :) -Ann

PerfectFuse Sheer Black