Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6263 ( misses dress)

Reviewed by:CConverse

Posted on:3/23/12 8:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Dresses

CConverse said... (3/24/12 10:41 AM) Reply
Sue - I do and I had a good chuckle over it. I thought my fellow reviewers would too :)
CConverse said... (3/24/12 10:40 AM) Reply
Thank you Jennifer for the suggestion! Like I said I saw 6027 in JoAnns and I am working on 6264 as well which I know is a "twin" of 6072... so now every time I see a mccalls pattern I like I check their stitch & save section and sure enough there it was :D
Sue Parrott said... (3/23/12 9:56 PM) Reply
This is cute on you. Nice work! Daughters can be a little critical at times (depending on their age) so take the comments with a grain of salt.
JenniferMM said... (3/23/12 9:37 PM) Reply
Cute! I had know idea McCalls had basically come out with two of the same pattern - I did 6027 last year. Knowing how comfortable it is and seeing the nice fit you achieved, I can see why this would be in regular rotation. To fix the shoulder issue on this one, try a bra strap stay - sew each half of a snap to a small piece of ribbon and tack it to the inside of the dress. Then, snap it around your bra strap. (I have to do this on mine too.) Hth.
CConverse said... (3/23/12 8:38 PM) Reply
I just uploaded one. I too saw it in JoAnns and the little girl in me who wants to be a princess just fell in love with it. I think the cut with the princess seams is very flattering. As a mom of 5 I have a multitude of sins to hide around my middle and this pattern does it VERY well!
magpie57 said... (3/23/12 7:18 PM) Reply
Wish we could see a picture. I have seen this pattern made up in Joanns and wondered how it would be on a real sized person.

Understanding Knit Fabrics