Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2444 (leggings)

Viewed 1914 times
Reviewed by:Sew4Fun

About Sew4Funstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/23/04
Posted on:11/25/04 5:36 PM

See other patterns in this category: Activewear

Other Projects by Sew4Fun using this Pattern

photophoto

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Elekis said... (6/13/09 11:14 PM) Reply
I had the same problem with the leggings in this pattern but the top is fabulous. I haven't had any problems with other Jalie trousers or training pants.
Tessa said... (11/15/05 9:41 AM) Reply
I had a similar problem with a Jalie swimsuit years ago, and tossed it. On the other hand, their men's long john pattern Jalie 2328, fit both my sons and my husband when I used the size for their hip measurements.
Jan B. said... (11/29/04 7:33 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you so much for your comparison!! I have this pattern in my stash and plan to make the top for myself. You can bet I'll take careful measurements and watch the stretch factor.
JDpenelope said... (11/27/04 5:06 PM) Reply
75% stretch ought to be enough, though I wouldn't do any less for leggings. I've said it before and I'll say it again,--and so have others--Jalie has fitting issues with some of their patterns.
Elona said... (11/26/04 0:33 AM) Reply
I've made Jalie underwear for my DH, both the briefs and the boxer briefs, and found them to run surprisingly small. For the second trial, even using a stretchier fabric than recommended didn't solve the problem. Since I'm extremely careful to take good body measurements before choosing sizes, I'm close to thinking there may be something a bit odd about the drafting of Jalie's close-fitting bottoms.
Sherril Miller said... (11/26/04 0:29 AM) Reply
Did they think that the negative ease was approriate for the sizing? What kind of stretch were they thinking of? Your slim daughter probably wasn't looking for a girdle, LOL!
Sew4Fun said... (11/25/04 8:15 PM) Reply
Every good stasher has more fabric ;-)
AnneM said... (11/25/04 8:11 PM) Reply
Good thing you had some extra material!

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)