Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5525

Member since: 11/28/08

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:4/2/12 4:40 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
Merche said... (4/27/13 6:34 AM) Reply
I am starting to work with this pattern and I Have to tell you, I just hope mine turn out half as good as yours! Yours is amazing!
sdp said... (8/14/12 1:12 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm so glad I found this totally informative detailed review before I attempted this trench coat. If mine looks 75% as beautiful as yours, I will be totally pleased.
gernella said... (7/4/12 12:19 PM) Reply
Never seen such perfect topstitching. Great job. I've done a summer version with the offset collar but I'm tempted to try another version, bit longer and in a warmer fabric for winter. It's amazing how many different looks you can get.
2 Airedales n Me said... (6/19/12 2:20 PM) Reply
Spectacular trench and a great review. Thank you so much! I am going to try this pattern and incorporate some of your touches. Obviously it pays to take the time to spend on the inner workings of the coat as this looks better than anything I've seen in RTW (under $1000). Lovely!
MareeAlison said... (5/29/12 2:46 AM) Reply
This is a fantastic coat. Thanks for the great review.
slmstyle said... (5/4/12 2:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat! I love the lining and the piping detail you added to the inside. I have this pattern as well and hope to make it up as nicely as you did. Really, wonderful and admirable work you have done.
jenleeC said... (4/10/12 1:24 AM) Reply
Wow, what a fantastic trench! And such an informative review; thank you for taking the time to provide all the sewing detail and construction photographs. I have saved this one to my favourites!
GoodbyeValntino said... (4/4/12 11:10 AM) Reply
I will never, ever know how you did this! Beautiful job and I love the lining too!
marec said... (4/3/12 11:28 AM) Reply
Not only is your coat fantastic both inside and out, but your review is a mini sewing lesson. I am totally in awe of this project. It is beautiful!
NJcowgirl said... (4/3/12 11:03 AM) Reply
absolutely stunning. I think you need to change your sewing status from "intermediate" to "advanced".
nancyc said... (4/3/12 6:35 AM) Reply
Terrific! I love your coat! Nice job!!
tess said... (4/3/12 6:10 AM) Reply
Your tailoring skills are amazing! Your trench is wonderful!
Scheri said... (4/3/12 3:58 AM) Reply
Ohhh ahhhhh beautiful
Sharonspils said... (4/3/12 2:07 AM) Reply
Stunning, the quality of your work is very impressive, just love all the extra bits that you do.
cmcarr said... (4/3/12 1:25 AM) Reply
SusiM said... (4/3/12 0:59 AM) Reply
Awesome workmanship! Very nice review and pics.
SewWil said... (4/3/12 0:28 AM) Reply
Wow! Your coat looks amazing. You do beautiful work.
VirginiasDghter said... (4/2/12 7:22 PM) Reply
Fantastic review. Very helpful! A fantastic coat too! I have GOT to make this pattern. Nice work!
velosewer said... (4/2/12 7:21 PM) Reply
Wow. I have this in my pattern stash too. It's time to make it up. Well done. I think i'll need your advice in finishing the hem at the back vent!
kjcaron said... (4/2/12 6:41 PM) Reply
What a beautiful coat!
Aixoise said... (4/2/12 3:13 PM) Reply
So beautiful! Your workmanship is impressive. Thanks for the detailed review and photos.
MNBarb said... (4/2/12 12:22 PM) Reply
You really pulled out all of the stops when making this coat. It paid off and resulted in a beautiful, classic garement. I have this pattern and will follow your review if I ever get to it. Thanks for all of the details and photos. They are very helpful.
tsedai said... (4/2/12 11:18 AM) Reply
Wow! Such a great classic look! The style and color are perfect. Love your lining too!
RadarRadiance said... (4/2/12 10:31 AM) Reply
What a beautiful and inspiring work to look at. I am so impressed with your sewing and truly enjoyed reading your review with all of your pictures!
Jrhee said... (4/2/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Another gorgeous creation!
Christas said... (4/2/12 9:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful work and so much nicer than anything you could buy in a store!
Knitz said... (4/2/12 9:21 AM) Reply
Very nice!
EleanorSews said... (4/2/12 8:59 AM) Reply
Truly a labor of love and exquisitely made! Such a beautiful coat, well worth your time and efforts.
Claverie said... (4/2/12 8:43 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, I just learned so much about sewing! Beautiful coat. Absolutely beautiful.
lcdrbetty said... (4/2/12 7:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful sewing ! Looks totally upscale. Love it!
ReginaLit said... (4/2/12 7:23 AM) Reply
You inspired me to try this pattern. Well done!
Mel.J said... (4/2/12 6:41 AM) Reply
WOW! Wonderful job... I'm in awe.
newsewer2011 said... (4/2/12 5:30 AM) Reply
my goodness, that is fantastic, I can only aspire to sew half as well as that :) beautiful job.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/2/12 4:43 AM) Reply
Fantastic trench! I have that pattern, maybe I should add it to my Winter sewing list! :)

McCall's 5114 OOP