Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8792 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:4/8/12 7:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
crazygrad said... (5/26/12 9:24 PM) Reply
I love this top!
strongnow said... (5/7/12 9:17 AM) Reply
Great work! I just bought this to try out some striped material and I have been humming and hawing about the sizing. So your information is exactly what I needed to find. Thank you so much for a detailed review.
YarnJourney said... (5/6/12 9:52 PM) Reply
This top is so lovely on you. The fabric choice is perfect for the pattern. I love how you eliminated the dart. I don't like darts in knit tops either.
whistlin dixie said... (4/17/12 9:37 PM) Reply
I'm considering using this pattern so I was pleased to see your version and review. This looks so nice on you! I really like the fabric - so sophisticated. Glad you're pleased with your top. You should be, because it looks great!
Robin Denning said... (4/9/12 9:40 PM) Reply
very nice top. I agree with the observation that you are good at picking pattern & fabric to create a style that is consistent and flattering. I really enjoyed looking at this and your other reviews!!
Heatherrique said... (4/9/12 7:57 PM) Reply
I adore the graphic print of your top! You wear this style and print wonderfully.
jlg said... (4/9/12 12:31 PM) Reply
Blondieinparis, it is a little wide, but my bra straps don't show.
blondieinparis said... (4/9/12 11:05 AM) Reply
I keep waiting for JoAnn's next Vogue sale so I can buy this pattern! It looks perfect on you, but I was wondering if you thought the neckline was wide.
cleverkitty said... (4/9/12 10:21 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and can't wait to sew it thanks for the review yours looks great.
Elemenopeo said... (4/9/12 8:17 AM) Reply
really pretty - suits you well
Clareew said... (4/9/12 5:44 AM) Reply
Brilliant, you have a good eye for what will work. I like your top more than the pattern model.
Michele W said... (4/9/12 0:18 AM) Reply
I was looking at your other tops in your link. You have a great style! I loved the knit kimono top!
SewWil said... (4/8/12 10:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful top. Looks great in stripes!
Barbara V said... (4/8/12 9:37 PM) Reply
Really cute top and great use of stripes.
EliseMarie said... (4/8/12 8:00 PM) Reply
Very nice top. You did a really good job matching the stripes perfectly on the sleeves as well as placing them on the bodice. It is such an interesting stripe pattern--almost more tonal than graphic. It looks very pretty on you! Love the way pieced section on the bottom looks with the stripes.

by: Kristine K...