Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Self drafted pattern (Self drafted one shoulder tank)

Reviewed by:AlexaNJ

More Info provided by AlexaNJ

Pattern Rating:Great Wardrobe Builder
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Type:Tops
Fabric:Cotton  [See other projects in this fabric]
Pattern Description: I drafted a one shouldered tank top for myself

Fabric Used: Eyelet cotton trim, white cotton body, synthetic lining that I had in my stash

Conclusion: Years ago (we're talking like 2002), I found a woman on ebay selling a large portion of her closet in order to lead a more "simple life." One of the items was a one shouldered, white tank with eyelet trim. At that time, I was not sewing often, but knew I would be able to remake the blouse. I bought the material and it just sat in my closet for years.

Then, around 2007, I drafted the pattern, and sewed the lining and the exterior, but did not finish the top. I had since lost the picture from ebay (switched computers and didn't know where the electronic file was located, lost the print out I had done, etc). I made good progress, but life just happened and I put it back in my craft closet.

I originally wanted to do lacing up the sides, but during a trip to Mood and other fabric stores in the summer of 2010 (for buying fabric and notions for OTHER projects), I bought nice white buttons to use instead.

A few weeks ago, I just felt the NEED to finish this top. And, I did it!

Sadly, at this point (4.16.12) the only photo I have of it is while it is still unfinished and on the mannequin (but I wanted to make a page for it here on Pattern Review, or that wouldn't have happened for a for more years knowing my track record!)

I added darts to the blouse, and there is facing on the one armhole. Since white cotton can be see through, the entire blouse is lined with some white lining fabric I had in my stash. The bottom hem is (now) machine stitched, and there are six white buttons up the left side that close with elastic loops.

I really don't remember if it looks similar to the original ebay blouse at this point, but I don't even care. I'm just proud of myself for liking a shirt, and making my own version!

(I'll post pictures of me wearing the blouse asap!!)

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

khurtdvm said... (4/17/12 11:18 PM) Reply
Looks really cute!
ImListening said... (4/17/12 6:01 PM) Reply
Very nice. I wonder if you've been bitten by the pattern making bug. This top turned out beautifully.
TJSEWS said... (4/16/12 3:40 PM) Reply
It's so pretty and feminine. Lovely!
Sweetsong said... (4/16/12 12:02 PM) Reply
That's a very sweet top; love the ruffle along the shoulder/front.

Understanding Knit Fabrics