Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 195 (Sweater Set)

Reviewed by:morzel

Last Updated:4/17/12 6:33 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
frame said... (9/3/13 11:03 PM) Reply
Wonderful review. Thanks for all the helpful tips. Your top looks great.
Ashford said... (7/31/12 1:02 PM) Reply
Thank you for the advice to make the cardigan one size larger than the top. You did an excellent job on your size selection. The fit and the amount of ease is perfect. I was surprised to find only one review of this basic pattern. Once fit, it would be so easy to change fabrics and trims to use the pattern many times. Your review has encouraged me to trust and use the different sizes I need in the different areas -sleeve, bust, hip.
Cultured Purl said... (5/4/12 0:18 AM) Reply
I think you did a wonderful job on your garment! I have other patterns but not the basic sweater set, I probably should get that one fit well also~ I bet you are VERY happy to have such a nicely fitted pattern , initially it may be a bit of work but then you can transfer any of the other necklines, etc and you are good to go, I love her patterns also b/c once you know your arm in the basic T and the basic jacket you can just re use it on other patterns of hers,,,,,isnt that wonderful?? I love it!
JEF said... (4/18/12 9:48 AM) Reply
Very nice, fit is perfect and flattering.
nancyc said... (4/18/12 7:14 AM) Reply
Nice t-shirt! I am also having great success with Silhouette Patterns. I love the sweater set pattern. This looks great on you.
pdiddly said... (4/18/12 3:27 AM) Reply
good basic top well made
TJSEWS said... (4/17/12 3:58 PM) Reply
Nice classic top!
CindyHa said... (4/17/12 6:54 AM) Reply
This looks great. I'm envious you got such a great fit. I tried and tried, about 5 muslins worth to get this pattern to fit me, but it just never worked. I gave up. Lucky you, now you can use all her great designs!

Understanding Interfacings