Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2489 (Misses' Bra and Boxer Shorts)

Reviewed by:valkyrie01

About valkyrie01star
Member since: 8/7/11
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:4/23/12 6:37 PM
Last Updated:4/23/12 6:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Other Projects by valkyrie01 using this Pattern

kathiego said... (6/19/12 6:11 PM) Reply
This bra looks wonderful! You really did a great job and your explanations are good. Thank you!
DaisyA said... (4/25/12 2:38 AM) Reply
Vavavoom!! The red is gorgeous and your description helps heaps.
Sigrid. said... (4/24/12 2:09 PM) Reply
Beautiful. Love the fabric you used.
MNBarb said... (4/24/12 12:37 PM) Reply
I'm in awe of people who sew undergarments. The bra is beautiful!
valkyrie01 said... (4/24/12 12:19 PM) Reply
Hi Margaret! Your bias cut of the back / side bands certainly did help! I think though that for the next 3 bras I am going to add at least an inch more to each side because of the way that I make the closures. I had just enough left over for them to overlap without being tight but it was a feat making sure to use only the minimal fabric needed to cover up the bases of the hooks and eyes! I have to say your reviews were SOOO HELPFUL! I wanted to make this bra but was "ahemming and ahawing" about it. Your reviews made me feel like I made one before the fact, so I was really excited then to go ahead with ths project! I am in awe of you that you made SEVEN of them! They are all gorgeous but the embroidery on the red bra was a feat! So thanks again for your review and the compliments about mine! :)
Margaret said... (4/24/12 5:46 AM) Reply
This looks beautiful! I'm glad the bias cut on the side band worked out for you too. Have fun with the other versions!
pdiddly said... (4/24/12 2:57 AM) Reply
I recently bought one of the other KS patterns to make a bra - so great to see your review - beautiful red bra.
zoe said... (4/23/12 11:34 PM) Reply
How beautiful!
valkyrie01 said... (4/23/12 9:42 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments everyone! I forgot to mention that in regards to cup size it may be worth ti to get yourself properly fitted for a bra before you sew this. It is said that a good 60-70% of women are wearing the incorrect bra size, so it would be starting off on the right foot.
Sue Parrott said... (4/23/12 8:50 PM) Reply
Love your fabric choice and thanks for the detailed review!
RMJ said... (4/23/12 7:17 PM) Reply
Love the red silk. Nice to know it's comfortable, too. I have this pattern, you've inspired me to give it a try.
Elemenopeo said... (4/23/12 7:12 PM) Reply
they look so nice - love the red

Sewn Square One Small Change Pattern