Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6816 (Misses Easy Two-Hour Skirt, Pants and Knit Tops)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:5/6/12 8:00 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
marec said... (6/3/12 9:53 AM) Reply
This is super! How did I miss the review in May?
Terri A said... (5/28/12 4:41 PM) Reply
Love the fabric - how cool is that top???
Heatherrique said... (5/8/12 1:24 AM) Reply
I like the looks you achieved from your two FAB looking tops, Annette! My favorite is your second top, with the contrasting colors highlighting your eye-catching beauty. I enjoyed your very helpful and entertaining review.
Cuffs said... (5/7/12 11:40 PM) Reply
Love both of those tops, they're very flattering, which is not often the case with dartless tops on full-busted women. Thanks so much for the tips on your alterations. I don't usually know how to handle FBA's without darts, gathers, or princess seams. You've helped me a lot.
JPForster said... (5/7/12 11:34 PM) Reply
Wow - your top is beautiful! We're about the same size and I would also need a FBA. When I see how great this looks on you now ... I want one! Added this pattern to my wish list. Thanks also for the great tips!
Oh2Sew2 said... (5/7/12 9:15 PM) Reply
What interesting fabric! Makes the top look more intricate than an "Easy 2 hour" pattern. Great job! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the FBA to this style as well.
Catbird said... (5/7/12 9:03 AM) Reply
All fixed. :-)
Catbird said... (5/7/12 8:55 AM) Reply
HEY, what happened to my picture?? It has suddenly changed to a cartoon! I'll go in to my profile and see what's up. Ugh.
Catbird said... (5/7/12 8:54 AM) Reply
WOW, WOW, WOW. This might just be my favorite of all the things you've made, but then that's a long list full of wonderful things. This looks AMAZING on you and I love the way you've put that spectacular fabric to use. Love the neckline. As always, I'm amazed at the changes you make to a pattern to make it all your own, and how perfectly they work. Thank you for a brilliant, funny review and an inspiring top!
KensingtonCrab said... (5/7/12 8:44 AM) Reply
Love love love the fabric!
MNBarb said... (5/7/12 7:54 AM) Reply
You made a top from polyester during your hot flash phase? Well, it must be because it's so beautiful you couldn't resist. Both tops look great on you and I think you should make the pants. Love your reviews.
KathySews said... (5/7/12 7:37 AM) Reply
Annette, great tops. Thanks so much for the detailed review and fba info.
Margaret said... (5/7/12 4:40 AM) Reply
Both versions look great on you! I really like how you used the Norma K. print, and changed the necklines. That's an interesting way of doing an FBA on a dolman-sleeved top, too. Thanks for posting it!
ArtAttack said... (5/7/12 1:32 AM) Reply
Great top! What fabulous fabric!
Barbara V said... (5/7/12 0:23 AM) Reply
That is one amazingly beautiful piece of Elliot Berman fabric that you sewed into a fabulous top! As always, a fun and informative review! And....your first top is a winner as well.
sfshaza said... (5/6/12 11:14 PM) Reply
WOW!!! I'm so glad I was trolling the gallery tonight. This top is spectacular! That print is so fun and you've used it perfectly! I'm glad you found a way to make the FBA works and I hope, as you wear it, that it does NOT ride up! You are definitely a card carrying member of the UBER BUSTY club. :D
Christas said... (5/6/12 10:53 PM) Reply
Not only do you make fantastic clothes, you take the time to tell us HOW you did it in such a way that we all learn so much. I love BOTH tops. They are each so different that you would never know they are the same pattern. Your fabric choices are terrific. I especially love the blue one. I love EveS' vertical fabric placement in her dress, but your placement for your top looks just PERFECT! Thanks for another informative and entertaining review! :-)
SewWil said... (5/6/12 10:51 PM) Reply
I love both tops. The black/blue fabric is amazing. What a perfect pattern to showcase the fabric. Thanks for the detailed review.
renren said... (5/6/12 10:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the details on construction. Love your reviews, of course, because they are entertaining but also because I always learn something. From the link you provided on Kamali: "This knit is drapey, soft. You feel like making some dress, gown, tunic. The fabric looks forward to being worked on." hehheh--yeah the fabric probably looks forward to being worked on by someone like you; it probably ought to run from the likes of me! Nice colors!
cleverkitty said... (5/6/12 10:34 PM) Reply
wow this is so sharp I love the fabric you look great in this fun style, goes with your upbeat personality. Fabulous review!
sewsally said... (5/6/12 10:11 PM) Reply
I love love love that fabric.
YarnJourney said... (5/6/12 9:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful! I love how you used the fabric. The way the design flows around your body. Thanks for the detail on the FBA too.
jlg said... (5/6/12 9:16 PM) Reply
Very cool.
barebear said... (5/6/12 8:32 PM) Reply
What a great top! I really love the fabric you chose, it's so fun. Thanks for the detailed but easy to read review. :)
Karendee said... (5/6/12 8:21 PM) Reply
Annette, as usual you have completed two beautiful garments. I actually covet that Norma K. Fabric on the last top and find that top quite elegant. Everything you make is so well thought out and executed. And I always enjoy a good laugh from your detailed reviews along with learning many good techniques. You and Sharon have this full bust allowance thing all worked out for the rest of us.

Other 01-2014