Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6513 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:CarynAnn

About CarynAnn
Member since: 1/17/09
Posted on:5/23/12 0:13 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people

dressy 123 said... (9/23/12 5:24 AM) Reply
I have this pattern. Usually make at least a size 14. From comments and experience I cut and made size 12 short sleeve top straight out of the envelope. Material is a lycra type. I love it, would definitely recommend this pattern and will be making it again.
CarynAnn said... (9/4/12 5:08 AM) Reply
I am sorry, but I don't recall, but probably a 14 because that is what I usually start with, but if I were you, get the smaller envelope size. In knits, I am not going to start with a 14 any longer. In wovens, I do multiple muslins with pattern alterations, but with knits pretty much rely on the forgiveness in the pattern.
chango said... (9/3/12 0:23 AM) Reply
I almost bought this pattern today, but I was not sure about the size, and didn't want to buy the envelope with sizes 14 and up, and end up needing size 12, since most of the time there is a lot of ease in McCall patterns. I notice your bust looks about the same size as me, can I ask you which size you used?
JuliN said... (8/28/12 11:44 PM) Reply
Helpful review. Thanks.
CarynAnn said... (5/23/12 11:54 AM) Reply
I take back what I said about fit. After wearing this at work, it is quite large. It doesn't hug the breasts at all, and I have a D cup, smaller bust lines would be in big trouble. Gaposis ran rampant. Very unhappy with the bust fit when it fits well everywhere else. I have a slender frame, usually things are too tight in the bust, it is ridiculous that this is so big. Wearing a binder clip right now so that the girls don't give my coworkers a peep show.

by: Jstarr4250