Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2012-104 (Satin Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:rabitgrl

About rabitgrlstar
OR USA
Member since: 11/28/08
Posted on:5/24/12 3:40 PM

Levone said... (5/27/12 6:32 PM) Reply
Cute skirt! This skirt is on my list to sew as well so your review has been very helpful.
rabitgrl said... (5/24/12 10:34 PM) Reply
Thanks Sue, you seem to know what you are talking about on the fit issue. I am not very good at identifying the root of fitting problems, so I appreciate your insight :o)
Sewiing Sue said... (5/24/12 9:27 PM) Reply
The fitting issue might be attributed to more fullness in the area than needed. You might have to decrease horizontally and vertically, making sure your hemline is even.This si usually a problem resulting from flat buttocks because the skirt collapses when not supported by the body. I recognize that this might not be the answer you need (or want). I like the skirt and love the cat.
rabitgrl said... (5/24/12 4:06 PM) Reply
Mich23 I think it is a skirt worth trying. I hope my review did not dissuade you. I really have very little experience with pencil skirt making and wearing, but I think this one fits as it is meant to. However, going down a size might assure a more snug fit.
Mich23 said... (5/24/12 4:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. Been planning to make this for a while, and this has given me a couple of things to think about - namely elastic and fit! Hmm... Seem to be a fair few pencil skirt patterns in BurdaStyle this year tho, so lots to choose from.

by: tr1c14