Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1103 (Skirt Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Amanda L

About Amanda Lstar
NY USA
Member since: 4/24/02
Posted on:12/19/04 6:24 PM
Last Updated:12/19/04 6:38 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
FreyaStark said... (5/6/13 5:12 AM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review, especially your comments about the close fit in the hips. I have thought about making this pattern several times, but would be wary of making it now for that reason. Thanks! You have probably saved me from a disappointing experience.
CSM--Carla said... (8/5/06 9:17 AM) Reply
Dear Amanda, thanks for writing this review--it is EXACTLY what I needed as I want to make this in a knit. Your outfit is beautiful! Carla
Annette H said... (12/22/04 3:33 PM) Reply
I love your very stylish picture. Textile Studio may have great patterns, but some of their photos are awful - like this one of the model squirming on a chair ...! Yours is infinitely more inspiring.
jlg said... (12/21/04 3:27 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. I like your fabric. Thanks for the review.
AnneM said... (12/21/04 12:49 PM) Reply
Great job, what lovely fabric. And I just love the style.
Asa Hagstrom said... (12/21/04 2:25 AM) Reply
What a great outfit, Amanda! I love the wallls and stairs in your picture - it looks like a shot from a fashion magazine!
Amanda L said... (12/20/04 9:27 PM) Reply
Thanks so much! I'm not very good at this, but here is a link to the review of the top: http://www.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?readreview=1&ID=7575
edube said... (12/20/04 3:30 PM) Reply
I reviewed a similar Simplicity pattern recently that called for wovens and I used a knit--I love it! I'm going to have to try this pattern also--it looks great on you and you're wearing my absolute favorite colors!
Hilary said... (12/20/04 10:28 AM) Reply
I love your skirt, that fabric is great! I have a Burda 4-gore skirt that calls for knits too, I may have to try it if I can find the right fabric-thanks for sharing! I was wondering about that shirt too-very pretty!
meli88a said... (12/20/04 9:26 AM) Reply
nice fabric choice for the skirt. I also like the top you're wearing in the picture - did you make that too?
Deepika said... (12/20/04 8:05 AM) Reply
Amanda, good advice about revisiting old patterns. We could all save so much! I love your skirt. What a fun fabric too. I hear you about the stockings. hate them!
KarmenG said... (12/20/04 0:16 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the excellent info about a pattern I own but haven't used yet. I appreciate the motivation. It looks great on you.

by: Sheila457

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern