Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6027 (MISSES'/MISS PETITE DRESSES)

Reviewed by:Claverie

About Claveriestarstar
NC United States
Member since: 12/23/10
Posted on:6/4/12 2:22 PM
Last Updated:6/4/12 3:56 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Claverie said... (6/5/12 11:49 AM) Reply
Oh, Gosh, Thanks y'all. To arianamaniacs: I just might take the neckline apart and put in some tiny darts -- probably won't be happy until I do. .... UPDATE: OMG. Sooooo much better! Put two small darts on each front half and two darts in the back near the zipper to close in the back gap. The dress fits like a dream now!
NJcowgirl said... (6/5/12 10:22 AM) Reply
WOW, beautiful dress.
Q Valley Mary said... (6/5/12 10:03 AM) Reply
I looked at this dress idea in Threads too, and thought to myself: nice idea, but it looks like a lot of work. Your review confirmed that, but the results are certainly worth it for you. Great job.
Andreahg said... (6/5/12 9:51 AM) Reply
I love your chevrons! What a beautiful dress!
Amanda.Claire said... (6/5/12 7:47 AM) Reply
Great work!!! Lovely dress
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/5/12 7:41 AM) Reply
This is really cute and the top underneath doesn't not look like an afterthought. Great job!!
arianamaniacs said... (6/5/12 2:34 AM) Reply
I find that happens a lot with Vogue. Sometimes I end up taking several miniature darts around the front neckline to pull it in. It makes it look like a design feature
ChristmasHills said... (6/5/12 1:50 AM) Reply
Can you visit somewhere really hot on holiday and wear it with pride?
Annette1 said... (6/5/12 1:36 AM) Reply
This is just gorgeous! I LOVE what you've done with the chevron design. PLEASE wear it! You have a perfect figure, and maybe you just FEEL like it's too low. It's always worse looking DOWN on it, as opposed to someone looking at your straight on. :o) I like the idea of a jumper, too. Whatever you decide, you MUST show off this beautiful design. :o)
jlg said... (6/4/12 7:35 PM) Reply
Beautiful chevrons. Great job.
cleverkitty said... (6/4/12 5:54 PM) Reply
Claverie this dress reminds me of the nightmare I had with the dress I posted #44 of my reviews, I feel your pain all over again....good luck...
cleverkitty said... (6/4/12 5:46 PM) Reply
Wow this does look like the dress on the cover. I give you credit for trying. I have had dresses fit like this, frustrating to say the least now I look at patterns that may be too wide in the neck and pass them by. Good thing layering is in style maybe this could be a jumper.
Dilliander said... (6/4/12 5:29 PM) Reply
I agree with Jrhee... You must find a way to wear this, it's too fabulous not to! You did an amazing job with the stripes :)
Jrhee said... (6/4/12 3:32 PM) Reply
Awesome dress in the stripes! I think it looks fine with the tank underneath, and it would probably look awesome under a jacket.
RLL said... (6/4/12 2:31 PM) Reply
Very nice job with the Threads inspired dress. I really like the play with the stripes. Too bad it is so deep and wide at the neck....so irritating. I made this dress some time ago for my DD with the same problem and she has wide shoulders and likes to bare more than she should, but still felt it was too much.

by: prttynpnk