Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8712 (misses pants)

Review submitted in One Pattern, Many Looks Contest
Reviewed by:Clareew

About Clareewstar
HAM United Kingdom
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:6/5/12 9:13 AM
Last Updated:7/2/12 5:02 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
woggy said... (7/2/12 11:37 AM) Reply
love your pants and oh what a cute, cute dog!
lcdrbetty said... (7/2/12 8:22 AM) Reply
Love your pants! Fit is wonderful, and how clever to slip in a hidden pocket. Very helpful review!
Clareew said... (7/2/12 6:47 AM) Reply
I have mended the photo links, please let me know if there are any more problems.
Sew Whatever said... (7/1/12 5:01 PM) Reply
I seem to need to sign in to see the photos. I would love to see them. Especially the difference that pressing out the bias makes.
Clareew said... (6/30/12 3:47 PM) Reply
Masd, there is a seam there. It shows better on different version - I will upload a photo later for you to see it better.
Terri A said... (6/22/12 10:11 PM) Reply
Very nice fitting pants!
SquishSews said... (6/5/12 9:10 PM) Reply
Ditto on all the kudos! Excellent explanations, and my goal is to learn to do all kinds of secret pockets, so your pants are particularly appealing to me.
Fictionfan said... (6/5/12 8:03 PM) Reply
Great fit! Nice looking pants and such a clever pocket. Great thing to have when traveling! I forgot about that SB trick. Thanks for the reminder, thanks for the review.
seamsmith1 said... (6/5/12 7:20 PM) Reply
I have put in a thigh high side pocket in a "bound buttonhole" opening. I have thought of using an invisible zipper, but didn't think that it could be sewn into a slit in the fabric instead of a seam. Did you cut a horizontal seam on the pants leg?
Sherril Miller said... (6/5/12 2:02 PM) Reply
That's a really nice fit you've got in this pattern. It's a great idea to make it over and over again!
quathy said... (6/5/12 2:01 PM) Reply
Nice work, and I love your pocket and other changes. Thanks for the tip about pressing out the bias - I've never heard of that before, and I'm getting ready to make my first linen pants. This will be very helpful!
allycovey said... (6/5/12 1:25 PM) Reply
I love the pants and the review, (oh and i love the background ;)
kremmer said... (6/5/12 12:52 PM) Reply
Hello Clare, well done! Thanks for included the tip on seat stretch prevention. So useful!
Clareew said... (6/5/12 11:02 AM) Reply
CTBarb, I couldn't find the link to the Seat Stretch Prevention so I have edited the review include a photo from the S Betzina book.
Sigrid. said... (6/5/12 11:00 AM) Reply
Great fit Clare, they look very good. The pocket is a nice detail.
Sanibelle said... (6/5/12 10:19 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with the fit. (And achieving it with an elastic waist!) They look fabulous. Have a wonderful time in Barcelona.
nicegirl said... (6/5/12 10:14 AM) Reply
Nice job on these pants! That back view shows what a great fit you have. The hidden pocket is so clever.
CTBarb said... (6/5/12 9:41 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants. And great review. Okay, I'll bite, I have never heard of "pressing out the bias," but my linens always bag. Please tell me!!

by: cleverkitt...

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)