Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V2958 OOP (DKNY)

Reviewed by:Renata

About Renatastar
NSW Australia
Member since: 1/9/06
Posted on:6/12/12 7:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
brissie71 said... (7/14/12 3:51 PM) Reply
Great jacket, Renata, and beautifully stitched. I love the fabric, too. Isn't it amazing how long it takes us to get around to sewing things we really want. Good to see that garment-a-month thing is working. :-)
Annette1 said... (7/1/12 2:20 AM) Reply
Oh, I'm so glad to see this jacket reviewed! I've got the pattern, but have never made it. However, I really like the BIG pockets and the loose fit. This is exactly what I like when taking my dogs out, because it's so easy to layer underneath it. Also, that's my FAVORITE kind of collar/stand. You have my ADMIRATION for all of that topstitching in such a heavy fabric. It looks FABULOUS!
antiquelvr56 said... (6/13/12 7:19 PM) Reply
Wow! This jacket is fabulous!! I loved it so much I couldn't rest until I tracked down the pattern. And, I happen to have some corduroy just like it, same color too. You did a wonderful job on it. Thanks for the great review.
lesliez said... (6/13/12 10:28 AM) Reply
Fantastic jacket! I've had this pattern in my stash forever, and like you have been searching for the right fabric. I think I found it, now need to get the zippers. I love your version in corduroy. You've inspired me to get going on this one.
Sharonspils said... (6/13/12 3:26 AM) Reply
Wow Renta that is a gorgeous jacket and it has some wonderful extras that you don't see too much of. Perfect for our Industry Day.
pdiddly said... (6/13/12 3:00 AM) Reply
wonderful jacket - I agree with you about the opportunity to purchase more time
velosewer said... (6/13/12 0:15 AM) Reply
Love the jacket Renata. It's really lovely and more so in real life.
cocosloft said... (6/12/12 8:51 PM) Reply
Love this, such interesting details, so many pockets, I feel like crawling around it and finding all the goodies! This is a great pattern and your work is beautiful.
TJSEWS said... (6/12/12 8:27 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket!
Renata said... (6/12/12 6:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments, ladies. As with all of us, we have our favourite techniques, mine is topstitching. I think it is actually bordering on OCD. I still have so much to learn, eg invisible zips and welts. And it also depends on having a good pattern and following all the dots and dashes, and also thanks to Goosegreen, having the right feet. Thanks again.
Maree P said... (6/12/12 6:38 PM) Reply
You are such a skilled sewer Renata...great jacket...I love corduroy.
margk said... (6/12/12 6:31 PM) Reply
So glad this turned out so beautifully! Enjoy!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (6/12/12 5:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket and a great review Renata! That corduroy is perfect for that jacket and your top stitching was worth all the angst!
Dilliander said... (6/12/12 5:51 PM) Reply
Fabulous Renata, beautifully sewn, great details and a perfect coat for the cold weather we are getting!
goosegreen said... (6/12/12 5:28 PM) Reply
I love this jacket as you know. Can you leave it to me in your will?? ;)
RLL said... (6/12/12 12:59 PM) Reply
I agree, what a great coat and a beautiful sewing job.
carolynw said... (6/12/12 11:14 AM) Reply
Beautiful work - my kind of jacket because like you I love to be able to add layers as the weather changes to colder and colder
sewmaris said... (6/12/12 11:09 AM) Reply
Renata - thanks for the tip about the topstitching. I have this pattern in my stash too, and still have the original denim I bought for it! You have inspired me - maybe it will get done! Good to know how much I should "size down" as well. It looks great on you - good job getting it done and great review - thanks! And do let me know if you find time for sale anywhere - I am in desperate need as well! Sew Maris
regine said... (6/12/12 8:30 AM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous, a perfect every day coat to wear over winter clothes, beautiful work.
Fictionfan said... (6/12/12 8:15 AM) Reply
Very nice 3-season coat! I'm glad to see a review of a well-aged pattern. Thanks for all the detail photos.
mm said... (6/12/12 7:57 AM) Reply
What a wonderful coat. Fabulous sewing. It looks great.
blue mooney said... (6/12/12 7:45 AM) Reply
This looks great! So easy to wear, too. I don't have this pattern, but you sure gave lots of inspiration in your review.
Anne Cherry said... (6/12/12 7:26 AM) Reply
Oh my...that jacket is spectacular! just LOOK at the details. Beautiful work, Renata - can't wait to see it IRL!
GoodbyeValntino said... (6/12/12 7:04 AM) Reply
What a great job you did on this coat! Wonderful review too!

Simplicity 7071 OOP