Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9769 (Civil War Undergarments)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:6/23/12 8:13 PM

See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Kem P. said... (9/23/13 12:06 PM) Reply
I have done a bit of historical costuming, but no drawers yet. These are historically correct, the fullness that you talk about is necessary, since the crotch seam is open for ease of going to the facilities when wearing a corset. Normal modern underwear would be difficult to pull up and down, so the drawers make it easier to go. I am a bit concerned at the lack of fullness in these which conceals the open seam...I hope your friend is wearing something under these to avoid exposure. ;) Nice job on them though, you have inspired me to make my own pair!
marec said... (6/24/12 1:34 AM) Reply
wow, very interesting. I had no idea, but having that open makes sense. You are the best GF to your GF to do all that sewing!
Jrhee said... (6/23/12 8:29 PM) Reply
Hi - I love these, and I love your blog! I'm currently making Simplicity 2881 for a friend - a pattern for a Civil War gown. Actually, she needs a costume for the White Queen from Alice in Wonderland, and we'll modify it accordingly. I'd be interested in seeing your bustle when you are done with it!

by: idaaida