Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8665 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Dress)

Reviewed by:PhyllisC

About PhyllisCstarstarstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 8/2/02
Posted on:6/27/12 7:08 PM
Fran G said... (6/28/12 5:12 PM) Reply
Thanks, Phyllis! I am glad I asked because I, too, have experienced difficulty using the clear elastic. Knowing that you use the 1/4" regular kind sounds as if I will have the control that the clear elastic just doesn't afford me. I will google to view the application. Many thanks! Your tip alone about using regular elastic is a great help.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/28/12 3:09 PM) Reply
Thank you for the details in your review. I never gave this pattern a second look, but really love it in a knit! Now I must purchase Milliskin.... :)
PhyllisC said... (6/28/12 1:52 PM) Reply
Sorry - aplying the elastic it's no different than for a knit top, the joined elastic (I used fusible interfacing to do that) is divided into qaudrants, pinned and stretched to fit the folded neck edge as it goes through the machine. This is the standard method there must be a million tutorials on YouTube by now.
PhyllisC said... (6/28/12 1:49 PM) Reply
Fran I used 1/4 inch black elastic, I find it easier to use than clear, either should work fine. Glue was just a glue stick - yup, like the kind in office supplies.
marec said... (6/28/12 11:22 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress-I like the lines and the fabric you used is gorgeous. I enjoyed reading your review as you included information not usually found so easily in some reviews. Thanks!
Fran G said... (6/28/12 8:12 AM) Reply
Love the fluidity of this dress..never thought to underline with Milliskin. I am always in doubt as to the correct way to apply neckline elastic..I assume you are speaking of the clear elastic. Can you give a quick explanation of how you apply it? Also, the glue..you glued the Milliskin to the fashion fabric? And what kind of glue did you use. Thanks for the review and for answering my questions..I'd like to try this pattern!
bjird said... (6/27/12 10:22 PM) Reply
Great review, beautiful dress!
Tina Lou said... (6/27/12 8:17 PM) Reply
A beautiful dress in a wonderful fabric - reminds us all that simple lines are often the best - thanks for a wonderful review, Phyllis!
fauxgetaboutit said... (6/27/12 7:56 PM) Reply
Great review and how nice are you to sew for your friend. I have this pattern and so I'm happy you liked it(and did a knot too!) thanks!

Marfy 2762