Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1299 (Misses' Dress and Belt)

Reviewed by:divabuddha

About divabuddhastarstar
Member since: 5/9/12
Posted on:7/10/12 3:30 PM
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Accessories
divabuddha said... (7/13/12 9:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for your help ladies! I think I'm going up with that hemline. And I'm sorry I didn't post pics of me in it...I know that would have been more helpful, but it freaks me out a little. I need to just get over it. :) Thanks again!!
1SewSweet said... (7/11/12 7:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful dress! I wish we could see you in it to make better decision...but I vote for the short version!
2 Airedales n Me said... (7/11/12 1:38 AM) Reply
prostheticsgirl said... (7/10/12 9:50 PM) Reply
We would really like a picture with you wearing it in both lengths! Without a pic, I'm going to vote short. I love maxis, but I think midis that hit in the widest part of the leg are rarely flattering.
imsewcrazy said... (7/10/12 7:34 PM) Reply
Ooooooooh. So pretty! The fabric is beautiful! I agree with TJSews and it would depends on how the dress looks on you. If you don't like the mid calf length hem it shorter and then make another one in a maxi in a similar fabric.
DoggyGirl said... (7/10/12 7:04 PM) Reply
This is REALLY cute! It looks bright, fun, and easy to wear. I don't have an opinion on the length, but I absolutely love the addition of the belt.
Sewmetoo said... (7/10/12 6:32 PM) Reply
Cute dress luv your fabric choice.
TJSEWS said... (7/10/12 3:56 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and I love the print. It looks great short or longer. It's hard to tell from the dress form which length would look better on you. Which length looks best depends on your height, shape and where the hem edge stops on your legs.
cpgsalvo said... (7/10/12 3:54 PM) Reply
Yes, shorter = better, maxi probably better still!!

by: slmstyle