Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2012-109 (Chanel style jacket)

Reviewed by:twinkle72

About twinkle72star
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 4/20/09
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:7/18/12 5:11 AM

eileen said... (7/25/12 5:13 PM) Reply
thank you for the information. Actually your description really clears it up - Burda has this trim periodically and I always want to try it but get afraid of certain failure. Thanks for taking the time.
Oh2Sew2 said... (7/19/12 9:16 PM) Reply
Interesting how so many of us are drawn to the Chanel style jacket...even those of us who don't think it to even be our style! Wonderful job on a very versatile jacket, I do imagine you will get a lot of use from it.
twinkle72 said... (7/19/12 1:31 PM) Reply
Eileen, I am not a paying member, so I can't send you a pm. Anyway, the fringed trim was very easy to make. I followed Burda's instructions were actually straight forward. Basically, you sew a couple of zigzag seems down the middle of a strip of your fashion fabric and then pull out the warp threads on the edges. This trim is made from two of these fringed strips, one stacked on top of the other to beef it up a bit.
eileen said... (7/19/12 1:01 PM) Reply
beautiful jacket - can I ask what you did for the trim? is it purchased trim or did you fringe the fabric. If the latter, was it difficult? That's the only thing that has been holding me back from doing this jacket.
miausiau said... (7/18/12 3:21 PM) Reply
Lovely! I have made 3 in the quilted style and it is not as labor intensive as it may seem, however its not a quick project either! No one but you knows about the lining anyway...besides like you said, many Chanels are lined in the usual fashion.
Amanda.Claire said... (7/18/12 1:52 PM) Reply
Wow, that is a really pretty jacket! I believe I need this pattern.
karen n said... (7/18/12 12:58 PM) Reply
Really appreciate your comments on real Chanel jackets not requiring all of that intensive hand sewing and whatnot. Frees me up to try one like your lovely version!
MNBarb said... (7/18/12 12:32 PM) Reply
Just beautiful!
renren said... (7/18/12 10:57 AM) Reply
I love this take on a Chanel jacket. Beautiful jacket. Thanks for the link on jacket making--perfect for upcoming contest. Everytime I go to Pattern Scissors Cloth, I leave quite impressed by the information and presentation.
Jrhee said... (7/18/12 10:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous in pink! Looks great with your skirt, and would also look cute over a tee and jeans.
SewWil said... (7/18/12 9:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!
GoodbyeValntino said... (7/18/12 7:10 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, Karin!
velosewer said... (7/18/12 5:14 AM) Reply
This is a very pretty piece.

Folkwear 207