Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3262 (A-line skirt view C)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

Review Rating:
Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by Tailypo using this Pattern

Irene said... (1/3/05 8:37 PM) Reply
I suggest that you go up a size. Darts control the difference between a smaller place (waist) and larger place (hips). It looks like the skirt needs more ease at both waist and hips, so pick a size that will give you nice ease at the hips. Then add darts if you need to pinch in for the waist. HTH!
mag said... (1/3/05 7:25 PM) Reply
I think that is a good pattern for tall galls. Once you perfect the fit you may be very happy with it. I would keep it without the darts, and just add a little ease to the pattern at the waist. Cut the waistband to your exact waist measure, (plus seam allowances/and overlap you desire), then ease the skirt in.
AnneM said... (1/3/05 7:18 PM) Reply
Higher waists are coming back in style, if that is any comfort. :) I can see the tightness in the picture, but agree that a tunic sweater would probably solve it looks wise (although I don't know about comfort wise). In another month, after that holiday pie disappears, it should fit like a charm!
Tailypo said... (1/3/05 3:05 PM) Reply
Thanks, it doesn't look as tight in the picture as it does in the mirror -- what really bugs me is the fact that I have to have the waistband so high for the skirt to zip. So if I sew it again, darts and lengthen the waistband? I really do find it kinda neat, learning bits and pieces about garment construction through failures and successes. Sewing is really fun!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (1/3/05 12:22 PM) Reply
Yup, I agree - darts are the way to go to fit better and look slimmer. I think your skirt still is wearable - maybe with a jacket or sweater? And it looks fab with your boots, too!
Nancy Anne said... (1/3/05 9:29 AM) Reply
Well, I don't think the fit is as bad as you do. You can, fortunately, hide the waistband with a long shirt. I like your dart idea- curvy people like us need lots of darts!

by: SewWil

Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

Christine Jonson Boyfriend Jacket and Shell

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Shirt Maker's Express (Size 1X-4X)

Islander Sewing Systems Women's Shirt Maker's Express (Size 1X-4X)