Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3754 (6 (Skirts) Made Easy)

Reviewed by:iluv2sew61

Upcycle sewing patterns

Levone said... (8/21/12 3:37 PM) Reply
Cute skirt!
persevering said... (8/21/12 1:31 PM) Reply
Yes thank you for kindness being so helpful and answering everything!
iluv2sew61 said... (8/20/12 5:07 PM) Reply
@persevering - thanks for reading. This skirt is worn 1" below the waist (according to the pattern envelope). With that in mind, I made the 14 because my hip measurement is a 14 although my waist measures size 16. I didn't have to do anything to the fit (a surprise for me). The skirt is very comfortable and easy to move in, thanks in part to the stretch fabric. If I made this without stretch, I would still make the 14. I hope this helps!
imsewcrazy said... (8/20/12 11:58 AM) Reply
Your skirt looks amazing! The fit is perfect. I also enjoyed reading your blog. I especially like your jeans. I also learned that we are neighbors!!
zoe said... (8/20/12 11:51 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous skirt! How classic and beautiful in white.
persevering said... (8/20/12 11:22 AM) Reply
Oh, and how comfortable is the skirt ... I love the look ... yet need to move easily... and if it is comfortable for you, do you think it would still be in a non-stretch fabric? Thanks again (I appreciate reading your blog too).
persevering said... (8/20/12 11:12 AM) Reply
Great skirt! Thanks for posting - 'so fitting was easy' - can you explain? did you sew pattern exactly as size 14, or did you add/subtract somewhat in fitting? Also, if possible can you give your waist measurement vs the size 14? Thanks for understanding ... I'm still a sewing wannaget back to sewing ... and you are sewing the ultimate classic skirt here which will not date... and I think we may be really close in measurements .... though this is a stretch fabric which kind of is another consideration ... I so much admire you just sewing!

More Knits
More Knits

by: Sheila457

by: JayG

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)