Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5567 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:GoodbyeValntino

About GoodbyeValntinostarstarstarstar
SC USA
Member since: 9/18/11
Posted on:8/22/12 11:43 AM
Last Updated:8/22/12 1:43 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
norie creates said... (8/26/12 10:45 AM) Reply
I love your husband's comment...your body deserves better. I wish my husband could be this tactful! Too bad it didn't work out but you did choose a wonderful color : )
materialgirl1950 said... (8/23/12 12:00 PM) Reply
Thanks for the photo. Your comments to your husband is so funny. I have this pattern and I had no doubts about how it will turn out. I think I'll pass on this one.
Fran G said... (8/23/12 8:04 AM) Reply
Your blog review for this jacket is hysterical!! Your husband made very tactful comments and I LOVE the little "joke" comment between you and your husband! SavageCoco's comment was perfect!!!!!! On to your next project!
SavageCoco said... (8/23/12 1:27 AM) Reply
Been there. Time for cocktails. No jacket required.
zoe said... (8/22/12 9:33 PM) Reply
Great colour ; you are right that it could use more shape; but I have to agree with Cissie; nothing looks terrible on you.
ArtAttack said... (8/22/12 4:58 PM) Reply
Live and learn...or make that sew and learn! I do like the color...:)
SewWil said... (8/22/12 4:23 PM) Reply
I feel your pain! We've all been there. The color looks great on you. You have an amazing track record for your nearly one year of sewing so please don't let this discourage you. Glad you learned something from this project.
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/22/12 3:10 PM) Reply
JTink, I appreciate this comment! I do love the color as well!
JTink said... (8/22/12 3:03 PM) Reply
Well, I for one think this looks great on you. The color is wonderful and the fit is lovely.
CissieW said... (8/22/12 2:12 PM) Reply
Nothing looks "terrible" on you! But I understand your dissatisfaction. Live and learn -- and on to the next project! I have also taken that pledge not to buy a pattern unless a real, live person is modeling it!
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/22/12 2:03 PM) Reply
I agree! This pattern had only one review which was a vest so I thought I'd try it since the pattern was in my stash. I've said I'm not buying anymore patterns that are illustrated rather than photographed on a model and I am sticking to it!
Jstarr4250 said... (8/22/12 1:52 PM) Reply
I so understand your frustration, as I had a parallel experience myself this week. Sometimes the pattern drawings are just not to scale and the end result does not turn out as depicted no matter how much you try and tweak it. That's one of the things I love about this website...photos of finished projects on real people. Now when I see that a pattern is reviewed by many people and gets lots of positive comments, I realize that it's for a good reason...it's a great pattern to begin with! Instead of feeling like I'm being a copycat, I'll sew the pattern with confidence and personalize it with my fabric selection.

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Paradiso Designs Xine Basket Bag Pattern