Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1779 (MIsses Blouse)

Reviewed by:facesunderwater

About facesunderwaterstar
Member since: 1/29/12
Posted on:8/26/12 8:01 PM
Last Updated:8/26/12 9:09 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Lhorrocks said... (1/23/13 3:11 AM) Reply
I appreciated your comments and how you made it fit. I'm petite too. It looks very nice on you.
ejvc said... (11/3/12 10:42 AM) Reply
Thanks foe the review! A very nice top on you.
sunnysewing said... (8/29/12 7:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I planned on getting this pattern this week! It looks great; I love the green on you!
rdlamb said... (8/28/12 4:35 PM) Reply
Very pretty, well-fitting top!
CLDebra said... (8/28/12 1:56 PM) Reply
I love your version of this pattern. I made it, too, but with the flounce collar and I modified the sleeves (to simple short sleeves) for a summer white cotton blouse. I thought that this pattern was fun to sew and it came together really well. I *love* the color of your blouse and your buttons! It looks so pretty on you. Thanks for the review!!
facesunderwater said... (8/27/12 7:36 PM) Reply
If I remember the neck tie was cut on the bias. Sometimes I can't tell if i'm crazy and pattern pieces aren't fitting together properly or if i'm doing something weird. Thank you for your compliments ladies.
MamaSewing said... (8/27/12 5:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful top, I am thinking this is just the one I need to try next!
Michele Lommasson said... (8/27/12 5:12 PM) Reply
Very darling indeed. You look fabulous. Apropos the neck tie, was it supposed to be cut on the bias perhaps? Never mind that, it does not look a bit wrong the way you did it. Why did you make me love another pattern?
nicegirl said... (8/27/12 1:44 PM) Reply
This looks great on you--it has a lot more shape than other patterns I've tried in this genre. I might have to try it out.
renren said... (8/27/12 6:32 AM) Reply
This is a lovely top. I'll watch for the nautical version. Hmm, I might want this pattern . . .
facesunderwater said... (8/26/12 10:15 PM) Reply
The instructions said to "stretch" the neck tie to make it fit properly but I just don't see how that would have worked. Instead I just added 1 and 1/2" to the length and it lined up perfectly. I am curious to know if others had the same issue.
said... (8/26/12 9:33 PM) Reply
This is certainly an on trend look and it looks good on you. I am concerned about the additions to the facing and tie...they seem unusual. Did the neck stretch out during construction or is there an ill fitting piece in the pattern?

Papercut Patterns 1013