Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2983 (skirt and halter top)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:1/16/05 11:58 AM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Suits / Separates    Skirts
Tesla121 said... (1/20/05 1:15 PM) Reply
beautiful outfit and I LOVE the colors!!
Nancy Anne said... (1/17/05 2:15 PM) Reply
What a charming outfit. As someone who is NOT a member of the IBT comittee, I will have to just drool over the halter, but the skirt is something I could definitly do for one of myself or one of my girls in the future.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/17/05 1:02 PM) Reply
Beautiful batik! Congrats on another fine project, Sue.
drsue said... (1/17/05 9:54 AM) Reply
skymom: I did not stabilize the sides. There is just a bit of "give" in the sides which actually helps mold the fabric to the body. I think without the lining there would be a stretch problem without extra stabilizing.
Deepika said... (1/17/05 9:26 AM) Reply
Everything you make looks sooo good and this is no exception. Lovely outfit. Your choice of colors is outstanding!
Skymom said... (1/17/05 8:42 AM) Reply
Very cute outfit--I love the fabrics. One question about the top: did you do anything to stabilize the sides of the halter? I'm wondering if those bias edges would stretch, even in two layers.
JoleneF said... (1/17/05 7:23 AM) Reply
Very Nice, beautiful fabric!
Levone said... (1/16/05 9:04 PM) Reply
Gorgeous outfit!
LBJ said... (1/16/05 7:29 PM) Reply
So, so cute!
cindyann said... (1/16/05 5:52 PM) Reply
Really nice, Sue! Lovely fabric combination.
drsue said... (1/16/05 4:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Lorna: There are many days I wish I had a chest (acutally I used to have one by my kids took it away.) smvite and other SoCal residents: I got that fabric at Fabricland in Orange. They always have a nice selections of batiks, trim, fancy fabrics and other assorted goodies. They told me they are expecting more new batiks in the next few weeks.
Danvillegirl said... (1/16/05 3:57 PM) Reply
Very nice. I bet it looks good on you.
jlg said... (1/16/05 1:20 PM) Reply
What a great outfit. Thanks for the self-lining instructions.
BjP said... (1/16/05 1:17 PM) Reply
Great looking outfit - you definitely hit a winning combination of fabrics on that skirt!
SueV said... (1/16/05 1:10 PM) Reply
How nice; looks really good and I bet it looks great on you. Where did you get the fabric?
CarolynGM said... (1/16/05 1:04 PM) Reply
Lovely outfit - makes me long for a nice beach somewhere instead of the freezing temperature outside.
Lorna C. Newman said... (1/16/05 12:44 PM) Reply
Lovely, Sue! Those colours are beautifully put together. I envy you that you can wear such tops ...
MaryLynn in Long Beach said... (1/16/05 12:27 PM) Reply
This is really cute, Sue! I love to read your reviews and see the wonderful things that you make and wear so very well.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/16/05 12:11 PM) Reply
This is absolutely gorgeous. Your combinations of fabric coordinate beautifully. What more can I say?

You Sew Girl Beret Pattern