Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 0111 (KnockOff of West Elm Shower Curtain)

Reviewed by:AnitaJJ

About AnitaJJstar
FL USA
Member since: 7/6/08
Posted on:9/11/12 5:21 PM

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

mssewcrazy said... (9/14/12 8:36 AM) Reply
Really great idea and cute shower curtain you have done.
renren said... (9/12/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Thanks, AnitaJJ. When I do mine, I have planned to construct a fabric-covered cornice board to take it to the ceiling--hmm, couldn't then use the bowed rod unless the cornice board was bowed. Ugh--this is why I use instructions that tell me exactly what to do. lol--well, I'm going to check out this IKEA deka rod and see what it has to offer.
AnitaJJ said... (9/12/12 9:57 AM) Reply
Yes, Renren, there's a clear plastic shower curtain behind. (It is NOT independent of the front rod, but I debate making it so( I also thought of getting a bowed rod, but decided instead on the IKEA "deka" wire. I haven't installed that yet. The part I like is being able to hang it very high. Looks more living room curtainish that way.
RLL said... (9/12/12 9:48 AM) Reply
Great job!
Redsmum said... (9/12/12 8:55 AM) Reply
Looks terrific! Way better than spending $40!
renren said... (9/12/12 1:17 AM) Reply
What a great idea! The stripes give it a nautical feel when they look navy/white--the gray, not as much, but I would love this in gry/wht or navy/wht. Do you have a plastic liner back there and if so, does the liner and curtain move independently? I've been thinking of making a shower curtain for an upstairs bath and I'm interested in this striped idea as well as the new bow-type rod that these shower curtains travel on. (I've seen them at hotels and they give more room for showering.) You've really got me thinking! Thanks, and it's good to see you reviewing again.

by: caladia