Pattern Reviews> Tessuti> Lily Linen Dress

Posted on:9/22/12 9:30 PM
Last Updated:9/22/12 10:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

AustralianWoman said... (11/23/13 1:37 AM) Reply
You look very smart in this dress. Ignore the men's comments!
WasabiZee said... (10/1/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this! I am a shorty too and am soooo tempted by this but worried it might look like a bag. Yours is lovely on you.
2 Airedales n Me said... (9/26/12 11:55 AM) Reply
I checked with Colette and "pin-stitching" means edge-stitching.
2 Airedales n Me said... (9/24/12 11:58 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in this dress. It fits you well and is flattering. The key is the fit - it doesn't look too large which would diminish your frame. Having read two reviews on this dress I've decided to load my printer with paper and go for it. I have a stack of lovely linens and I'm going to Bali in two weeks - two good reasons to give it a whirl. Would love to see a sleeveless version...
jennybaxt said... (9/23/12 5:10 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great. Thanks for the review. I too have just finished this dress (review to come) - I missed the discussion thread about it otherwise I might have waited to sew up mine!
DorothyK said... (9/23/12 12:40 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. This will be next on my list. Thanks for the review.
Carolyn.S said... (9/23/12 9:42 AM) Reply
You look so chic! The pleated hem and the pockets look interesting.. and I think it will feel gorgeous to wear in the heat of summer :)
lamstu said... (9/23/12 8:59 AM) Reply
I vote yes! It looks really lovely.
VivianZ said... (9/23/12 8:58 AM) Reply
Very cute, cool summery dress. The detailing makes it.!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/23/12 8:55 AM) Reply
I love your dress! I think it looks very chic on you and comfortable. Chic and comfortable do not always go together in the same sentence. (ha)
rivergum said... (9/23/12 6:11 AM) Reply
It looks lovely! Even the back view is elegant and the fit is just right. I think I need one too!
BillieJean said... (9/23/12 6:07 AM) Reply
I absolutely love this!
Renata said... (9/23/12 4:49 AM) Reply
I think the Tessuti outfits, as worn or featured by Colette, have an edginess about them that I really like and this definitely is one of them. The shortening of the dress and sleeves makes it work for you. The beads, or other neck adornment, are a necessity IMHO. The verdict is in, yay, yay, yay. And I totally love yours, a very stylish, and comfortable, lunch date dress indeed! (I am waiting to review mine.)
pdiddly said... (9/23/12 2:18 AM) Reply
this looks lovely on you, I can also see it with splashes of colour in your shoes and necklace.
SewWil said... (9/23/12 2:10 AM) Reply
I think this dress looks very nice on you. I like the hem detail a lot.
ChristmasHills said... (9/23/12 0:17 AM) Reply
I've been following your conversations regarding this dress and I think it absolutely works on you. It should be lovely and cool too once summer hits. I think the family just have to get used to the new looks coming out, which are a huge leap from the tight, skin showing garments we've been used to for about a decade - and they will.
Maree P said... (9/23/12 0:12 AM) Reply
Do wear it with confidence is lovely on you ...the fabric you chose gives your dress a great drape.
Dilliander said... (9/22/12 11:35 PM) Reply
The hem details make this dress! It looks lovely, stylish and relaxed.
ArtAttack said... (9/22/12 11:26 PM) Reply
Oh, I think it's cute on you! Lot's of nice details...good work!
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/22/12 10:23 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review Jenny - my DH would be exactly the same. My vote is it does work and looks like a fashionable but comfortable addition to the wardrobe. Well done test bunny!
mm said... (9/22/12 9:40 PM) Reply