Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Sewaholic Patterns> 1201 (Renfrew Top)

Reviewed by:Byrdie

Last Updated:11/3/14 11:59 PM
Pattern Photo:Sewaholic Patterns 1201
Sewaholic Patterns Pattern Info
Pattern Rating:Highly Recommend
These are versions 3 and 4 of the Renfrew pattern. I needed some basic, long-sleeved tees for Fall/Winter. I love the v-neckline. They went together quickly and easily. This time I made one size smaller to account for some weight loss. Still one of my favorite patterns!

Versions 3 & 4 blogged

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 2 is made using the cowl neck version and a black rayon jersey. I omitted the petite adjustment, making this the original pattern length. Another quick and easy project!

Version 2 Blogged
_______________________________________________________
Pattern Description: Fitted top with sleeve and neckline variations. I made the short sleeved v-neck.

Pattern Sizing: This is available in sizes 0-16. I made a 12.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? So easy!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love me a basic tee. I wear them all the time either by themselves or layered with other pieces. The v-neck is one of my two favorite necklines (my other favorite is the boatneck) and this one was very easy to sew. I love the neck, sleeve, and hem binding.

No dislikes.

Fabric Used: I used a cotton knit from Mood Fabrics. I spent $12.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the length by about 1 inch. The one change I may do if I make another short sleeved version is to add a smidge to the sleeve band. My upper arms are a bit on the plump side and the band is a bit tight. It's totally wearable as is but if you have larger upper arms like mine, you might want to add some length to the band.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will sew this one again! I would recommend it to others.

Conclusion: Great basic tee that will get tons of wear!

More on my blog!

Levone said... (2/5/14 0:35 AM) Reply
Love this in black! I was thinking I want to try this version with longer sleeves in a black ponte knit. I better hurry before it gets hot.
CurlyCrafter said... (2/4/14 4:43 PM) Reply
I love it! The Renfrew looks great on you!
Heatherrique said... (10/13/12 1:36 PM) Reply
Jenny, your top is fabulous!
Susan C said... (10/13/12 12:32 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you! I'm so glad you reviewed this. I'm must be the only person who hasn't made this top but my patterns on its way and its nice to see another positive review!
Susan C said... (10/13/12 12:32 PM) Reply
JEF said... (10/13/12 9:27 AM) Reply
Great looking T - love the stripes!
madebyj said... (10/12/12 10:46 PM) Reply
I can see why you want to make more of these - looks like you have nailed the fitting perfectly. Super little T...
megumi said... (10/12/12 7:59 PM) Reply
Nice job with the stripes! Thanks for the tip about the sleeves. I have the same fitting adjustment and I plan to make this shirt too.

by: FreyaStark