Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6204 (Misses' tops)

Reviewed by:PegL

About PegLstar
MO USA
Member since: 2/18/04
Posted on:1/24/05 12:53 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

mrs quickly said... (6/13/05 8:01 PM) Reply
I too purchased this fabric and was disappointed by the color. The yellowish green is odd and vibrant. It has a neon quality to it. Try wearing your top with a brown or olive suit. I think it will work. That's what I plan to do.
PegL said... (2/2/05 8:05 AM) Reply
Thanks Jeanette! I still have the top hanging in my sewing room trying to decide it's fate! LOL I appreciate your positive input! ;>)
JeanetteE said... (2/1/05 1:21 PM) Reply
I read your review after clicking on the picture & thinking" wow, nice top for a busty woman". The color & top look great on you.
PegL said... (1/26/05 8:16 AM) Reply
I'm interested in the comments regarding the fit as being good. Thanks! To me, it looks too tight and accentuates my "endowments" too much. You're making me rethink but I'm still not sure about this pattern for me. As to the fabric, Debbie -- I normally love these colors too (or the way they appeared on screen) but the yellowy green in this piece is just strange! In a more olive green, I think I would like it -- I do like the print design. It sure makes me look more carefully at what I'm seeing on my monitor before ordering! LOL
Danvillegirl said... (1/26/05 5:45 AM) Reply
You did a nice job with the top. I like the colors of the fabric, I am a spring but switch to autumn colors frequently. Screen colors and the actual fabric are sometimes quite different.
AnneM said... (1/25/05 7:27 AM) Reply
Definitely not my style fabric either. But I think the top looks great on you. It doesn't minimize your bust, but shows your curves in a very flattering way (at least in the picture).
JoleneF said... (1/25/05 7:26 AM) Reply
I have looked at this pattern too and just didn't know if I would like it either so I didn't pick it up. I agree it is a cute top and I am sure that someone will like it if you do donate it.
Debbie Cook said... (1/24/05 7:31 PM) Reply
What's the saying ... one man's trash is another man's treasure?? I love the colors in the top ... I think they are "my" colors (autumn). I made this top too and I'm still deciding whether I like mine or not. :)
CatherineN said... (1/24/05 3:10 PM) Reply
Yes, EOS can be a surprise, can't it?

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

by: rmusic1

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

SewBaby Quick Kitchen Gifts Pattern