Pattern Reviews> Other> Gertie's Sultry Sheath (The Sultry Sheath)

Reviewed by:sugarduck

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

LDT2011 said... (11/2/12 7:52 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great.
SquishSews said... (10/30/12 11:16 PM) Reply
Wow, gorgeous!!! Very inspiring!
Leu said... (10/27/12 11:45 AM) Reply
I love your dress! I sent you a pm about that slit because I am working on the pencil skirt, too!
AncientElna said... (10/25/12 3:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for including your wonderful detailed comments on pattern alterations. Very useful. And, of course, I must say your cocktail ensemble is stunning on you!
Levone said... (10/24/12 10:33 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress and great review! I have this book as well and agree it is wonderful. I think you've motivated me to try to sew something from him. Honestly so far I've been just content with reading through it and looking at all of the wonderful garments.
JEF said... (10/23/12 12:48 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely.
Symon said... (10/23/12 10:45 AM) Reply
Great review, thank you for the info and for confirming that the pattern was drafted on a B cup - that's so helpful to know ahead of time! ^__^ Your version turned out so stunning - beautiful fabric, and the back view especially is just lovely! :) I'm so glad it hasn't got too much excess ease as well... I'm really looking forward to sewing a lot of the garments in this book! :)
Cristinagf said... (10/23/12 4:54 AM) Reply
Looks awesome!!! I have the book and you've motivated me to try sewing from it now....
tigergirl said... (10/23/12 0:06 AM) Reply
Wow! This looks fantastic on you - great job.
sewbarbie said... (10/22/12 11:47 PM) Reply
This is a great marriage of style and cloth.
sugarduck said... (10/22/12 4:10 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments! It's always so encouraging when a fellow seamstress appreciates your work!
Deepika said... (10/22/12 2:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Fits perfectly!
lakaribane said... (10/22/12 1:48 PM) Reply
J'ADORE!!! Trop classe!
Amanda.Claire said... (10/22/12 10:34 AM) Reply
Your dress is fabulous!! I love Gertie's blog. I will have to get her book now.
ArtAttack said... (10/22/12 10:02 AM) Reply
Simply gorgeous and both pieces look sensational on you! Great job!
prostheticsgirl said... (10/22/12 9:47 AM) Reply
This silhouette is wonderful at showcasing your figure! The neckline is super flattering and the skirt highlights your slim hips and curves. Gorgeous!
Jstarr4250 said... (10/22/12 9:09 AM) Reply
Tres, TRES chic. The fit and fabric are perfection and the neckline is extremely flattering. I'm ordering this pattern for the holidays, without a doubt. Thanks for bringing it to my attention..
sewnotwork said... (10/22/12 7:51 AM) Reply
Very nice! Especially the neckline. I always worry that necklines like that would gape on me. Especially bateau neck lines.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/22/12 7:24 AM) Reply
My oh my! I'm sold on this pattern and I love your dress. Great job and thanks for the review!
jlg said... (10/22/12 7:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress and jacket. So elegant.
birdmcfarland said... (10/22/12 6:57 AM) Reply
wow! this is exquisite! I think you talked me into buying this book. You look incredible. Fabulous work!
ryan's mom said... (10/22/12 6:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress! I love the fabric you used too. After taking the Bombshell dress, I really think this book is going to be on my Christmas wish list. I love the idea of Gertie's work with retro inspired dresses/techniques compiled in a book. Don't even mind the couture effort either. The results are so worth it!

by: beanchor