Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2948 (Twin Sets)

Reviewed by:JoleneF

About JoleneFstar
IA USA
Member since: 1/26/04
Posted on:1/25/05 11:09 AM
Last Updated:1/25/05 11:14 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Danvillegirl said... (1/26/05 7:53 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric. Great buy at a $1.50 a yard. I am envious.
Levone said... (1/26/05 1:20 PM) Reply
Great looking twinset. I too love the fabric that you used.
AnneM said... (1/26/05 4:21 AM) Reply
I can see why you like the fabric. The jacket looks great on it. I don't think you need a button. If you want to add one, a simple plain gold button at the top would work. I'm not certain about the sweater guard, because it is very 50's, and your jacket isn't 50's. It would probably look good, though; I'm just having trouble visualizing it.
JDpenelope said... (1/25/05 9:20 PM) Reply
Very inspiring! Have been wanting to make a sweater set, but was afraid it would be too difficult. I really like it without buttons! Thanks Georgene, and others for the reminding me about those sweater guards.
BjP said... (1/25/05 5:13 PM) Reply
I have this very same fabric because I also fell in love with it and it is something I normally wouldn't buy or wear, either. I am so glad to see your review using this fabric - I was still in doubt what pattern to use, but I think you've made me think that this twin set is a definite possibility!
JoleneF said... (1/25/05 4:41 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone. The pictures are terrilbe with the colors. The top is a darker beige/tan than the picture shows. I just wish you could all see and feel this fabric!
Ann Smith said... (1/25/05 1:04 PM) Reply
Great choice of fabric. I have one of those vintage chain things....you have inspired me.
PegL said... (1/25/05 12:04 PM) Reply
Ohhh....beautiful set! I understand why you had to have that fabric! It's gorgeous!
Sew it seams said... (1/25/05 11:39 AM) Reply
I love the fabric. And what a deal! I love finding great deals in the clearance bins. Your twin set looks great on you. The closure you mentioned is called a "frog" I think. Oops! I posted at the same time as Georgene. You are right, Georgene. That's what it's called- a sweater guard.
Georgene said... (1/25/05 11:39 AM) Reply
That gold chain is called a "sweater guard". You might be able to find in vintage shops or online. Very 50's!
bunz said... (1/25/05 11:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric -- you're right. And good job on a great set.
jacalhoun said... (1/25/05 11:25 AM) Reply
Looks great! My mom has also suggested using the gold chain thing to close a cardigan. I wasn't exactly sure what she was talking about, so it was interesting that you said the same thing. I've got to get a twinset pattern, and from the sounds of it, this would be a good one to start with! Thanks for the review!

Other Enid Gilchrist