Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Stretch & Sew> 326 (City Tees)

Viewed 2009 times
Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:1/28/05 5:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 18 people
Athene said... (12/11/07 11:14 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed the review. And such a great idea - shelf bra for pj tops.
Robin H said... (2/14/05 3:54 PM) Reply
fantastic review. LOVE the shelf bra for PJ's idea.
JDpenelope said... (1/29/05 1:28 PM) Reply
Your reviews are an education. Thanks for your painstaking efforts to warn/inform/persuade us in many areas of sewing. As PVA noted, even members of the IBTC can benefit from your thorough discussions and helpful insights.
AnneM said... (1/29/05 8:29 AM) Reply
Love your reviews, Debbie, even if I don't need the FBA information. I am thinking of a shelf bra for summer tops, for modesty purposes.
Katharine in BXL said... (1/29/05 7:46 AM) Reply
Hi Debbie! I love shelf bras in PJ tops. GRRR, this pattern is a trial. Thanks for warning us.
Karla Kizer said... (1/29/05 7:36 AM) Reply
Debbie, you are a genius! PJs with a shelf bra...how obvious, how simple. Why didn't I ever think of that? (Must have been too busy scrambling to get dressed when a neighbor came to the door...) I'm printing out your wonderful review and tucking it into the City Tees pattern envelope; you have sounded a number of alarms, and I'll know what to watch out for. Once again, you have outdone yourself.
chocobar said... (1/29/05 6:18 AM) Reply
This is a very impressive review.
SewTwin said... (1/29/05 2:27 AM) Reply
You hit the nail on the head! I answered the front door in my PJ's; and was my DH's family.Quick trip to get dressed! Yet wearing a sleep bra is not that comfortable. I am going to make some sleep tops with this idea! Yes, your pics are great!I guess we all have some rain on our parade some of the time.Good Luck on the future work...
Evatgirl73 said... (1/28/05 11:32 PM) Reply
Marvelous review, and the main pic top (#2) looks very nice!
PhyllisC said... (1/28/05 8:04 PM) Reply
A shelf bra in a PJ top...that *is indeed* a great idea. Debbie - great review- specific and precise, and you really captured points that I think many many PR readers will find very very useful.
LisaLS said... (1/28/05 7:39 PM) Reply
Great review! It's neat to see all the steps you went through to perfect the pattern for yourself.
Kay Y said... (1/28/05 7:36 PM) Reply
I find your reviews are always informative with terrific pictures. Plus they are fun to read. This one is no exception. Thanks for a great review.
PVA said... (1/28/05 6:10 PM) Reply
In the interest of honesty, I must confess I rated this review very helpful because it would be a gold-mine of useful information to anyone who needs a FBA. Unfortunately, I am a charter member of the IBTC & so probably will never need a shelf bra in my PJs. Actually, I only need any bra at all to hold in place whatever padding might be available! (8^D) However, I do thank you for this review, (as always a great one), because I have a developing DGD who one day may very well need me to know what to do for a comfortable PJ top!

by: pdiddly