Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Rachel Comey Top)

Reviewed by:Twinset

Posted on:11/18/12 2:02 PM
Last Updated:11/18/12 2:08 PM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
TJSEWS said... (11/19/12 8:34 PM) Reply
I have finished fitting a muslin of this pattern but have not yet started sewing it in the fashion fabric. Yours is gorgeous. Thanks for the helpful review.
cocosloft said... (11/19/12 12:04 PM) Reply
Welcome to the 1247 club! great review, good tips. Looks great!
Dagmar O. said... (11/19/12 9:22 AM) Reply
Great review with lots of information for anyone considering making this top. Both this one and the your V1170 look fabulous on you and really suit you. Congratulations!
cleverkitty said... (11/19/12 7:55 AM) Reply
you changed your name? cats know each other LOL I hear you on this pattern, making it myself. I like the idea of hemming the shirt tail hem, I will try that on other patterns as well. Your top looks really nice on you despite everything.
jenleeC said... (11/18/12 11:24 PM) Reply
Your top looks lovely. I think once you accept the loose style you will enjoy wearing it a lot. I was uncertain at first but now love my two versions. I also checked out your V1170. It looks gorgeous and I can't imagine why you are not wearing it!
Elke said... (11/18/12 8:14 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top and great fabric choice...looks very pretty on you! Thanks for the very helpful review!
crazygrad said... (11/18/12 7:06 PM) Reply
SewWil said... (11/18/12 7:00 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
Levone said... (11/18/12 6:38 PM) Reply
Pretty top!
carolynw said... (11/18/12 4:57 PM) Reply
Really beautiful - you wear it so well
becca a said... (11/18/12 4:47 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful blouse. It is a simple design, but your execution is flawless, and that is what makes it so lovely.
olgarosita said... (11/18/12 4:21 PM) Reply
Despite the difficult time you had with this top, it looks lovely! And you did a great job with the pants too, congratulations! (I read your blog but it wouldn't let me comment as an anonymous :)
said... (11/18/12 2:48 PM) Reply
I had plenty of fiddly moments with that one too...almost as though the design team conspired to make a simple idea as complex as possible. I commend you for your lovely creation and patience.

All About Linings